I am stopping(error 70) when I am distributing a client program using DCOM server.
Author Message
 I am stopping(error 70) when I am distributing a client program using DCOM server.

I am distributing a client program( by VB )  using DCOM server,
DCOM server is runing on the other computer.
But I am stopping. When i run client program , Firstly I get serval
same error message,
Error message text is
This action cannot be completed
because the other application is busy, choose 'Switch To' the activate
the busy application and correct the problem.

Secondly  I get last error ,
the error text is Run-time error '70'  Permission denied.

Thank you very much!

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:06:58 GMT
 I am stopping(error 70) when I am distributing a client program using DCOM server.
There is probably something wrong with DCOM on the client computer.
If you were able to connect to the server via DCOM from one of
computers then server DCOM works fine.

Probably you will need to install the latest DCOM98 (i believe) on each
client. (especially for windows 95 clients)

Also check network security and access rights, those users must be able
to simply access the remote computer.

Also you may debug your remote dll and application with Team Remote
De{*filter*} 2000, www.RemoteDe{*filter*}.com

Take Care,

Dan
Chief Software Architect
Spline Technologies Corp.
"Keep it Simple!"

Take A Look on
www.RemoteDe{*filter*}.com

Team Remote De{*filter*} 2000 allows you and your team to trace any number
of code units of any kind (ASP,MTS,ActiveX Exe,DLL,
COM,COM+,Thread,etc., written on any language (ASP, VB,VC++,VJ,Delphi)
residing on multiple shared and dedicated servers at the same time
fast, easy, simple and exciting!

Take A Look on
www.RemoteDe{*filter*}.com

Quote:
> I am distributing a client program( by VB )  using DCOM server,
> DCOM server is runing on the other computer.
> But I am stopping. When i run client program , Firstly I get serval
> same error message,
> Error message text is
> This action cannot be completed
> because the other application is busy, choose 'Switch To' the activate
> the busy application and correct the problem.

> Secondly  I get last error ,
> the error text is Run-time error '70'  Permission denied.

> Thank you very much!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 21:50:37 GMT

1. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

2. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

3. DCOM permissions (error 70) on XP to W2k/NT

4. DCOM component -- Permission Denied -- VB Error 70

5. DCOM With Events - Error 70

6. Runtim-error 70 Permission Denied with DCOM

7. DCOM component -- Permission Denied -- VB Error 70

8. Runtime error 70-Permission denied (DCOM)

9. DCOM Configuration Information (Error 70: Permission Denied)

10. DCOM - Runtime 70 error

11. dcom - error 70: permission denied

12. I am using the Compare MS Project COM Program and having issues