HELP !!! Populating ComboBox and ListBox with data
Author Message
 HELP !!! Populating ComboBox and ListBox with data

I am writing a client application which relies on MTS buisness and
data-access components to populate its forms with data from an SQL Server
7.0 database.

I am looking for the most well performing way to populate combo boxes and
list boxes with data coming from the database (data are obviously provided
by  MTS components (I don't want to hard-code data access within my client
application).
Is it a good idea to write a method thar returns a variant containing all my
data (i.e. filled using GetRows) ???
Are there other better ways ???

Thanks a lot for your help.
Marco

Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP !!! Populating ComboBox and ListBox with data

I think GetRows is the best idea.  You could try timing this and data
binding methods using data control and data list controls.

If you need the extra speed, can you use VC++?

--
http://www.appfind.com/
the software development exchange

Quote:
> I am writing a client application which relies on MTS buisness and
> data-access components to populate its forms with data from an SQL Server
> 7.0 database.

> I am looking for the most well performing way to populate combo boxes and
> list boxes with data coming from the database (data are obviously provided
> by  MTS components (I don't want to hard-code data access within my client
> application).
> Is it a good idea to write a method thar returns a variant containing all
my
> data (i.e. filled using GetRows) ???
> Are there other better ways ???

> Thanks a lot for your help.
> Marco

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 07:21:17 GMT

1. HELP !!! Populating ComboBox and ListBox with data

2. HELP !!! Populating ComboBox and ListBox with data

3. newbie - populating listbox or combobox

4. populating a combobox with data from a SQL Database table field

5. populating a combobox with data from a SQL Database table field

6. populating a combobox with data from a SQL Database table field

7. Using Data Aware class to populate a listbox

8. Populate ListBox from a Data Aware Class

9. Write contents of listbox to text file/populate listbox from text file

10. populating vb.net listbox from selected items of another listbox

11. HELP!!: listbox not populate on some PC's

12. HELP ! Populating a Listbox