How to retrieve ip configuration information (Gateway, etc)
Author Message
 How to retrieve ip configuration information (Gateway, etc)

Does anybody know how can I retrieve the Gateway and DNS Information
on a Form?

Basically I would like to display some of the information provided by the
dos "ipconfig /all"  command.

Regards,

Enrique

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 01:50:57 GMT
 How to retrieve ip configuration information (Gateway, etc)
Hi Enrique,

On Win98, WinMe, and Win2K, you can call an API function "GetNetworkParams".

On Win95, you can look in the registry if you're clients are using the MS
TCP/IP stack: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\MSTCP\NameServer

On WinNT4, you can also look in the registry:
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TCPIP\Parameters\NameServer and
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TCPIP\Parameters\transient\NameServer

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ade.

Quote:
> Does anybody know how can I retrieve the Gateway and DNS Information
> on a Form?

> Basically I would like to display some of the information provided by the
> dos "ipconfig /all"  command.

> Regards,

> Enrique

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:43:09 GMT
 How to retrieve ip configuration information (Gateway, etc)
Sorry, I should have said: the registry values below are obviously for the
DNS server.

Ade.

Quote:
> Hi Enrique,

> On Win98, WinMe, and Win2K, you can call an API function
"GetNetworkParams".

> On Win95, you can look in the registry if you're clients are using the MS
> TCP/IP stack: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\MSTCP\NameServer

> On WinNT4, you can also look in the registry:
> SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TCPIP\Parameters\NameServer and
> SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TCPIP\Parameters\transient\NameServer

> Hope this helps.

> Best regards,

> Ade.

> > Does anybody know how can I retrieve the Gateway and DNS Information
> > on a Form?

> > Basically I would like to display some of the information provided by
the
> > dos "ipconfig /all"  command.

> > Regards,

> > Enrique

Sat, 13 Dec 2003 17:23:55 GMT
 How to retrieve ip configuration information (Gateway, etc)
On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:50:57 -0700, "Riquet"

Quote:

>Does anybody know how can I retrieve the Gateway and DNS Information
>on a Form?

>Basically I would like to display some of the information provided by the
>dos "ipconfig /all"  command.

Our RAS Dialer and SocketWrench controls have a number of properties
that can easily return most of the information you're getting with the
dos "ipconfig/all" command.

Please download an evaluation copy of the SocketTools Visual Edition
from our website at http://www.catalyst.com

David

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 03:44:05 GMT

1. How to retrieve ip configuration information (Gateway, etc)

2. How to retrieve ip configuration information (Gateway, etc)

3. How to retrieve ip configuration information (Gateway, etc)

4. How to retrieve ip configuration information (Gateway, etc)

5. Free Beta OCX Gets all IP Configuration Information

6. Setting the Gateway IP (in TCP/IP Settings) via program

7. Changing IP, Subnet, Gateway

8. Getting IP address, subnet mask and gateway

9. Script for switching IP-adress and gateway

10. Changing IP/DNS/GATEWAY info on the fly in Win2k

11. Obtaining Gateway IP from registry

12. Determining IP Gateway