Obtaining information about installed modems
Author Message
 Obtaining information about installed modems

I need to obtain some of the settings for installed
modems on a machine. Settings I need are the com port it
is conected to, init string, reset string, etc. I found a
way to do it by reading the registry if the OS is Win 98.
I have found the settings in the registry for Win 2000
and XP but they are behind a GUID which is unique to
every machine. There has got to be an easier way to do
this! How does Microsoft get these settings? They are
available in several locations.

Thanks in advance!

David Hearn

Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:57:42 GMT
 Obtaining information about installed modems
David,

Your post in the win32.programmer.TAPI forum is more appropriate.  This
forum is for discussing the VB Component Object Model.

Thanks
Peter Davidson

--------------------

|  Subject: Obtaining information about installed modems
|  Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 09:57:42 -0700

|  Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.com
|
|  I need to obtain some of the settings for installed
|  modems on a machine. Settings I need are the com port it
|  is conected to, init string, reset string, etc. I found a
|  way to do it by reading the registry if the OS is Win 98.
|  I have found the settings in the registry for Win 2000
|  and XP but they are behind a GUID which is unique to
|  every machine. There has got to be an easier way to do
|  this! How does Microsoft get these settings? They are
|  available in several locations.
|
|  Thanks in advance!
|
|  David Hearn

Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:24:37 GMT

1. Obtain a List of Installed Modems

2. Obtaining Modem Negociate Speed???

3. Obtaining all the information in a list box

4. Re-using information obtained via forms.

5. Obtaining information form a physical Button

6. Obtaining network logon information

7. Obtaining File Information

8. Obtaining information over the internet!

9. Obtain DLL information in VB5

10. Obtaining information from a RTFBox! (VB5e)

11. Obtaining boot drive information.

12. Obtaining user information from nt server