My ActiveX.DLL does not work on other computer
Author Message
 My ActiveX.DLL does not work on other computer

I have on my computer MS Windows 2000 + VB 6.0 + Access 2000. I made the own
myActiveX.DLL used MSWinsck.ocx installed with VB6.0. I use it for Access
2000 application. All of them work fine. When i move own myActiveX.DLL on
computer with NT 4.0 + Access 2000 and without MSwinsck.ocx i have Error on
CreateObject("myActiveX.DLL"). How can i replicate my ActiveX.DLL on other
computers without using MSwinsck.ocx?

Thaks.
Yuriy

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:00:46 GMT
 My ActiveX.DLL does not work on other computer
By embedding all of the functionality of MSwinsck.ocx in your DLL.  Just
so that you know, that means rewriting it.  There is no mechanism (that
I'm aware of anyway) that allows you to bundle all of the support files
that your component requires into a single executable.

Is there a reason why you don't want to deploy MSwinsck.ocx with your
DLL?  Would .CAB files be an acceptible solution to your problem?

Bruce Johnson
TAG Consulting

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:35:07 GMT
 My ActiveX.DLL does not work on other computer

Thaks Bruce,
When i am deploying the MSwinsck.ocx with my.DLL from my VB6.0 to other
computer
i have the same Error. But when i deploy VB6.0 with MSwinsck.ocx +
my.DLL on this Computer all work fine.
Yuriy.

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 04:27:22 GMT
 My ActiveX.DLL does not work on other computer
There are a number of other files that need to be distributed when you
send out a Visual Basic application.  At a minimum, there is the Visual
Basic run time (msvbvm60.dll).  And there can be other files required,
depending on exactly what your DLL does.  Easiest way to get a list of
the files is to use the Package and Deployment Wizard to generate a
dependancy file.  You can use PDW to create an installation file that
contains all of the necessary support files as well.

Bruce Johnson
TAG Consulting

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 05:26:16 GMT

1. Why DCOM ActiveX Exe is Working and ActiveX Dll is not working

2. DBGrid Delete Key function not working on some DBGrids while it works on others

3. krnl386 error on some computers, not others.

4. krnl386 error on some computers, not others.

5. Works on development computer but when i install it on another (PDBDAO.dll libray not found)

6. why will a report run on my home computer and not on my work computer

7. Procedure working on some machines and not others

8. FileSystemObject: works on some machines, others not

9. Works on my PC, but not others????

10. FileSystemObject: works on some machines, others not

11. Everything works in DEVELOPMENT PC and not others

12. Data Control Refresh works sometimes, others Not?!