How do I use MTS? Help!!! Urgent!!!!
Author Message
 How do I use MTS? Help!!! Urgent!!!!

I managed to write a DCOM client/server program in retrieving data from
the server. May I know how do I change my program to incorporate MTS. My
program uses CreateObject to create the object.

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I use MTS? Help!!! Urgent!!!!
Hello,

it is difficult to talk here about making an com-component MTS-aware.
There is a lot of stuff to talk about. We can talk some weeks about this.

Threading, Apartments, Context, ContextWrapper and so on...

But nevertheless, don't use CreateObject() (only if you really need an
object out of the Context) inside MTS, but use
GetObjectContext.CreateInstance().

Read the following article. Here you will find a lot of MTS special issues.
Q170156 INFO: VB 6.0 Readme Part 12: Transaction Server (MTS) Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q170/1/56.asp

Best Regards
Josef Vetter

Quote:
> I managed to write a DCOM client/server program in retrieving data from
> the server. May I know how do I change my program to incorporate MTS. My
> program uses CreateObject to create the object.

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I use MTS? Help!!! Urgent!!!!
You have to change DCOM to COM, i.e. in VB terms use AxtiveX DLL project
instead of ActiveX EXE. Then, there are certain guidelines how to design
such a dll. I have found rather good the book Ash Rofail, Tony Martin
"Building N-Tier Applications with COM and Visual Basic 6.0". After the
designing of the dll and compiling, it must be registered within an MTS
package.
Good luck,
Gene

Quote:
> I managed to write a DCOM client/server program in retrieving data from
> the server. May I know how do I change my program to incorporate MTS. My
> program uses CreateObject to create the object.

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Urgent MTS help

2. Help : Using ADO on MTS without IIS and ASP

3. Help : Using ADO on MTS without IIS and ASP

4. HELP: connection on MTS can't be used on client

5. HELP: connection on MTS can't be used on client

6. URGENT !!! Interfaces and objects whith MTS

7. MTS - and transactions - URGENT

8. URGENT !!! Interfaces and objects whith MTS

9. MTS - and transactions - URGENT

10. Urgent Problem adding Contacts using CDO - anyone help?

11. Urgent help required!!!!! (using PB 3.1)

12. Urgent Help required using access 8 objects from VB5