How to find out the path where DBX file are stored in Outlook express .
Author Message
 How to find out the path where DBX file are stored in Outlook express .

Hi all ,

    Does any one to how to find out the dbx file path of Outlook express for
a given user profile  programmatically .  Is there a Regentry or something
like that which I can access through a program and resolv the path .

In my machine the path is as  follows
'C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application
Data\Identities\{9EF6FD3A-417D-44C6-AA4E-898AD8264631}\Microsoft\Outlook
Express'

How may I access this through a program ?.

Thanks in advance .

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:45:08 GMT
 How to find out the path where DBX file are stored in Outlook express .
Its in the registry under this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0

where GUID is the Identity number.

You want the StoreRoot value.

You have to first open the identities key and get the identities and then for each identity you can get the store root location.

steve

Quote:

> Hi all ,

>     Does any one to how to find out the dbx file path of Outlook express for
> a given user profile  programmatically .  Is there a Regentry or something
> like that which I can access through a program and resolv the path .

> In my machine the path is as  follows
> 'C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Identities\{9EF6FD3A-417D-44C6-AA4E-898AD8264631}\Microsoft\Outlook
> Express'

> How may I access this through a program ?.

> Thanks in advance .

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:31:31 GMT
 How to find out the path where DBX file are stored in Outlook express .
Yes . . I checked the contents of StoreRoot and I have a few more doubts on
this

%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application
Data\Identities\{9EF6FD3A-417D-44C6-AA4E-898AD8264631}\Microsoft\Outlook
Express\

while my actual oe mail directory is ..

C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application
Data\Identities\{9EF6FD3A-417D-44C6-AA4E-898AD8264631}\Microsoft\Outlook
Express

So , Do I assume that ..
1) the dir 'Documents and Settings' allways  gives the location of the user
profile info  ?  is this the same for OE5 in Win2000 and Win98 ?
2) How do I resolve which Dirive   'Documents and Settings' is actually
located ( in a partitioned  situation ) or
3) Is there anyway to resolve %UserProfile% ?

Regards ,

Its in the registry under this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0

where GUID is the Identity number.

You want the StoreRoot value.

You have to first open the identities key and get the identities and then
for each identity you can get the store root location.

steve

Quote:

> Hi all ,

>     Does any one to how to find out the dbx file path of Outlook express
for
> a given user profile  programmatically .  Is there a Regentry or something
> like that which I can access through a program and resolv the path .

> In my machine the path is as  follows
> 'C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Identities\{9EF6FD3A-417D-44C6-AA4E-898AD8264631}\Microsoft\Outlook
> Express'

> How may I access this through a program ?.

> Thanks in advance .

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:45:02 GMT
 How to find out the path where DBX file are stored in Outlook express .
You can resolve %UserProfile% by calling the ExpandEnvironmentStrings API.

steve

Quote:

> Yes . . I checked the contents of StoreRoot and I have a few more doubts on
> this

> %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Identities\{9EF6FD3A-417D-44C6-AA4E-898AD8264631}\Microsoft\Outlook
> Express\

> while my actual oe mail directory is ..

> C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Identities\{9EF6FD3A-417D-44C6-AA4E-898AD8264631}\Microsoft\Outlook
> Express

> So , Do I assume that ..
> 1) the dir 'Documents and Settings' allways  gives the location of the user
> profile info  ?  is this the same for OE5 in Win2000 and Win98 ?
> 2) How do I resolve which Dirive   'Documents and Settings' is actually
> located ( in a partitioned  situation ) or
> 3) Is there anyway to resolve %UserProfile% ?

> Regards ,

> Its in the registry under this key:

> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0

> where GUID is the Identity number.

> You want the StoreRoot value.

> You have to first open the identities key and get the identities and then
> for each identity you can get the store root location.

> steve

> > Hi all ,

> >     Does any one to how to find out the dbx file path of Outlook express
> for
> > a given user profile  programmatically .  Is there a Regentry or something
> > like that which I can access through a program and resolv the path .

> > In my machine the path is as  follows
> > 'C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application
> > Data\Identities\{9EF6FD3A-417D-44C6-AA4E-898AD8264631}\Microsoft\Outlook
> > Express'

> > How may I access this through a program ?.

> > Thanks in advance .

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 04:31:59 GMT
 How to find out the path where DBX file are stored in Outlook express .
Thanks  for your help .

You can resolve %UserProfile% by calling the ExpandEnvironmentStrings API.

steve

Quote:
> Yes . . I checked the contents of StoreRoot and I have a few more doubts
on
> this

> %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Identities\{9EF6FD3A-417D-44C6-AA4E-898AD8264631}\Microsoft\Outlook
> Express\

> while my actual oe mail directory is ..

> C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Identities\{9EF6FD3A-417D-44C6-AA4E-898AD8264631}\Microsoft\Outlook
> Express

> So , Do I assume that ..
> 1) the dir 'Documents and Settings' allways  gives the location of the
user
> profile info  ?  is this the same for OE5 in Win2000 and Win98 ?
> 2) How do I resolve which Dirive   'Documents and Settings' is actually
> located ( in a partitioned  situation ) or
> 3) Is there anyway to resolve %UserProfile% ?

> Regards ,

> Its in the registry under this key:

> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0

> where GUID is the Identity number.

> You want the StoreRoot value.

> You have to first open the identities key and get the identities and then
> for each identity you can get the store root location.

> steve

> > Hi all ,

> >     Does any one to how to find out the dbx file path of Outlook express
> for
> > a given user profile  programmatically .  Is there a Regentry or
something
> > like that which I can access through a program and resolv the path .

> > In my machine the path is as  follows
> > 'C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Local Settings\Application
> > Data\Identities\{9EF6FD3A-417D-44C6-AA4E-898AD8264631}\Microsoft\Outlook
> > Express'

> > How may I access this through a program ?.

> > Thanks in advance .

Thu, 16 Sep 2004 05:48:30 GMT

1. How to find out the path where DBX file are stored in Outlook express .

2. Access Outlook Express Mail File (dbx and mbx)

3. Open Outlook Express .dbx Files with c# oder vb.net

4. ocx for dbx file (outlook express 5)

5. Outlook Express DBX file...

6. How to read Outlook Express *.DBX files?

7. Outlook Express DBX file...

8. Outlook Express DBX file...

9. How to Extract ALL files from an Outlook Express 5 folder (.dbx)

10. Outllook Express DBX files

11. Outlook DBX file...

12. Storing Outlook Express Passwords