Debugging VB COM+ Components called from ASP
Author Message
 Debugging VB COM+ Components called from ASP

I have a problem with debugging a VB COM+ component called from ASP.
The ASP application is set to Medium (Pooled).
If I launch a browser with my URL, everything works fine, and the component
gets the IObjectContext interface ok.
If I put a breakpoint, press F5, launch the browser, and then stepping
through the code, the component cant get the IObjectContext through a
GetObjectContext call.

Anyone has an idea?

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging VB COM+ Components called from ASP

Try setting the Application to "isolated process" and configure your DCOM to
accept calls from IUSR_servername.

Mert Hekimci

Quote:
> I have a problem with debugging a VB COM+ component called from ASP.
> The ASP application is set to Medium (Pooled).
> If I launch a browser with my URL, everything works fine, and the
component
> gets the IObjectContext interface ok.
> If I put a breakpoint, press F5, launch the browser, and then stepping
> through the code, the component cant get the IObjectContext through a
> GetObjectContext call.

> Anyone has an idea?

Sat, 05 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging VB COM+ Components called from ASP

How would you tell your Com+ object to accept call from IUSR_servername?

Quote:

> Try setting the Application to "isolated process" and configure your DCOM
> accept calls from IUSR_servername.

> Mert Hekimci

> > I have a problem with debugging a VB COM+ component called from ASP.
> > The ASP application is set to Medium (Pooled).
> > If I launch a browser with my URL, everything works fine, and the
> component
> > gets the IObjectContext interface ok.
> > If I put a breakpoint, press F5, launch the browser, and then stepping
> > through the code, the component cant get the IObjectContext through a
> > GetObjectContext call.

> > Anyone has an idea?

Sat, 05 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging VB COM+ Components called from ASP
Try DCOMCNFG.EXE

Quote:
> How would you tell your Com+ object to accept call from IUSR_servername?

> > Try setting the Application to "isolated process" and configure your
DCOM
> > accept calls from IUSR_servername.

> > Mert Hekimci

> > > I have a problem with debugging a VB COM+ component called from ASP.
> > > The ASP application is set to Medium (Pooled).
> > > If I launch a browser with my URL, everything works fine, and the
> > component
> > > gets the IObjectContext interface ok.
> > > If I put a breakpoint, press F5, launch the browser, and then stepping
> > > through the code, the component cant get the IObjectContext through a
> > > GetObjectContext call.

> > > Anyone has an idea?

Fri, 11 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Debugging VB COM Components used in ASP

2. Calling debugged component from Com+

3. Debugging VB dll sitting in COM+, called by ASP

4. debugging compiled VB com+ components

5. Can't debug ASP/COM components from VB6

6. Debugging ASP/COM+ components from VB6

7. Solution (hack) for debugging ASP com component under Win20000

8. Problem passing VB COM+ ASP Request object to .NET component System.Web.HTTPRequest through COM interop

9. Calling an ASP page (http) using a COM component

10. debugging com+ components

11. com object will not read registry when com object called from asp (vb works fine)

12. How to debug a COM component (VB DLL)?