PATH
Author Message
 PATH

    Are ther some way to know the local path of the windows's directory.
Like the app.path .

    When you generate the disk of instalation for your applicacion, in an
advance part, you can tell, where the file must by copies, and there are a
$win$ or something like that.

    Thank.
    Sergio

Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PATH
You can use GetWindowsDirectory API function.
If you'll have any problems, send me e-mail and I'll send you a Class to
work with it.
Vlad

Quote:
>     Are ther some way to know the local path of the windows's directory.
> Like the app.path .

>     When you generate the disk of instalation for your applicacion, in an
> advance part, you can tell, where the file must by copies, and there are a
> $win$ or something like that.

>     Thank.
>     Sergio

Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PATH
environ$("SYSTEMROOT") or environ$("SYSTEMDRIVE") or others.
start a command prompt and type SET and then anything in that list you can
get.

Did this help?

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

2. Local path vs UNC Path

3. Setting the path to the path of the current application

4. Converting logical paths to UNC paths

5. Paths and App.Path

6. Parsing an HTML Document - Change Relative paths to fully qualified paths

7. using application path (app.path)

8. Obtain full path from an abbreviated path

9. Help converting UNC paths to physical paths.

10. App.Path only returning short path name - Why?

11. app.path only returns short path name

12. Help: App.Path returns 8.3 path in VB4/Win95