COM+ configuration
Author Message
 COM+ configuration

I am trying to connect to Win2000(SP2) using COM+ from win 95 and win 98.
But, I am getting a message "Class not registered on local machine" I
created application proxy which works fine on Win2000 client machine.

After several hours of research, I felt that I should install DCOM 95 and
Window Installer 1.2. But, no luck.

Can you help me here?

Thanks,

--
Paul

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 07:32:02 GMT
 COM+ configuration
This "post SP2 hotfix" solves the problem :

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q289/8/21.asp?ID=289821

You have to contact Microsoft support to get it.

If you go to support.microsoft.com and do a search on Post "Windows 2000
Service Pack 2 COM+" you will get a list of all hotfixes for SP2... (there
are a lot...)

Geert Depickere.

Quote:

> I am trying to connect to Win2000(SP2) using COM+ from win 95 and win 98.
> But, I am getting a message "Class not registered on local machine" I
> created application proxy which works fine on Win2000 client machine.

> After several hours of research, I felt that I should install DCOM 95 and
> Window Installer 1.2. But, no luck.

> Can you help me here?

> Thanks,

> --
> Paul

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:58:26 GMT

1. COM Configuration - not working between domains

2. Where can i find Com+ Services type library or Component services com+ 1.0 for Win98

3. NT4 to Windows2000 and Com to Com+

4. Begginer question about com/com+

5. Com and Com+ component

6. book on com/com+

7. NT4 to Windows2000 and Com to Com+

8. NT4 to Windows2000 and Com to Com+

9. NT4 to Windows2000 and Com to Com+

10. configuration section handler declaration area vs. configuration section settings area

11. Configuration from Access to Outlook