Support for SSL at socket level???
Author Message
 Support for SSL at socket level???

     I want to make an ActiveX Control with VB that uses SSL at socket level
(not the SSL service at browser level; not wininet). Have Visual Basic
libraries that eases the task of using SSL at socket level with Windows
Sockets 2? (Information about them... where?)

Thanks!

Sonia

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 06:40:03 GMT
 Support for SSL at socket level???
From the platform sdk library:
"Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is not natively supported in Windows Sockets 2.
Microsoft makes available the Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) to
enable application programmers to provide security-enabled communications.
See Security Support Provider Interface, for more information."

As an alternative, coincidently I was looking to do server-server http
communication and someone pointed me in the direction of WinHTTP5, rather
than WinInet. See

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/code/sample.asp?...
dn-files/027/001/655/msdncompositedoc.xml

This does support SSL.

Regards

Peter Johnston

Quote:
>      I want to make an ActiveX Control with VB that uses SSL at socket
level
> (not the SSL service at browser level; not wininet). Have Visual Basic
> libraries that eases the task of using SSL at socket level with Windows
> Sockets 2? (Information about them... where?)

> Thanks!

> Sonia

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:03:24 GMT

1. SSL socket connection

2. SSL socket connection

3. Is there an HTTP .ocx that supports SSL?

4. SSL Support in ServerXMLHTTP?

5. SSL supporting ActiveX

6. SSL support on WinCE 3.0 and PPC 2002?????

7. Wininet support for SSL on WinCE and PPC2002?????

8. Socket Level Programming in VB6

9. Socket OCX supporting send/receive of VB objects?

10. Identifying AUTH_USER in SSL and non-SSL Pages

11. Moving between SSL and Non SSL urls in Webclasses

12. ANN: CeSockets.dll now supports IRDA sockets