Self Delete--ANSWER!!
Author Message
 Self Delete--ANSWER!!

if this is frank,
i'm sorry to bother you again but i got to a web site and there was
written--
to delete a file while being used write this:
nul="c:\temp.txt"
for example....
now, i did it but it didn't worked, so please just explain me

and if this is scott-- nobody answers me, so i keep asking.

for the rest of you here is my Q:
Hello evrybody!
 i'd like to know how  do i make my program delete itself from different
loacations,
 i mean the source drive and the hard drive are different all the time
 (different computers)

 AND GUYS---- i have been asked for a million times if it is a virus,
well.................
ITS CERTANLY NOT!!!
 this is a little expirement that i making at my home.....
 and that's all.
 PLEASE HELP ME....

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Self Delete--ANSWER!!
Quote:
>  i'd like to know how  do i make my program delete itself from different
> loacations,
>  i mean the source drive and the hard drive are different all the time
>  (different computers)

Hi Oren,

I'm not sure if my solution fits your problem.
I'm using a little C-exe which can delete a file after a given time.
So you can call this killfile.exe at the end of your program, giving
your program file as command line and after that a delay time in
seconds when the file should be deleted. This delay must be
sufficient to make sure that your program was closed meanwhile.
There is another one to delete complete folders after a given delay...
If interested, please mail.

Juergen.

Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Self Delete--ANSWER!!

Quote:
> if this is frank,
> i'm sorry to bother you again but
> and if this is scott-- nobody answers me, so i keep asking.

Oren,

First, that's not a COM question so the message is OFF-TOPIC.

Second, can't you stop posting the same message? Maybe nobody knows the
answer or nobody wants to answer it because you keep posting this off-topic
message.

--
Eduardo A. Morcillo
http://www.domaindlx.com/e_morcillo

Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Self Delete--ANSWER!!

this was a DOS trick I used in the middle ages....

Just before the END statement (in quickbasic and basic PDS 7.x) I used a
sendkeys utility that executed a DOS DEL command...

In windows this would be more difficult since sendkeys is multitasked by
windows...
but you could sent a DDE command to explorer.exe to fullfill your wish...

Anyway I think you won't get an answer so stop yelling :)
The same problems existed for UNINSTALL utilities that could not delete
themselves! Now Windows handles the complete install/uninstall so the
problem vanished...

Quote:
> if this is frank,
> i'm sorry to bother you again but i got to a web site and there was
> written--
> to delete a file while being used write this:
> nul="c:\temp.txt"
> for example....
> now, i did it but it didn't worked, so please just explain me

> and if this is scott-- nobody answers me, so i keep asking.

> for the rest of you here is my Q:
> Hello evrybody!
>  i'd like to know how  do i make my program delete itself from different
> loacations,
>  i mean the source drive and the hard drive are different all the time
>  (different computers)

>  AND GUYS---- i have been asked for a million times if it is a virus,
> well.................
> ITS CERTANLY NOT!!!
>  this is a little expirement that i making at my home.....
>  and that's all.
>  PLEASE HELP ME....

Sun, 19 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. fso.delete(self) - how to refer to self?

2. Self delete

3. delete items in DeletedItems Folder of self added .pst file

4. Self-Delete a file

5. self deleting executable?

6. Task Scheduler API self delete job

7. Self Delete or modify