How to access the contents of Folders.dbx ?
Author Message
 How to access the contents of Folders.dbx ?

Hi all ,

    I need to access  the contents of Folders.dbx file  the Outlook Exp
directory  Programmarically .  I treid passing the file through the
DBXtend.exe at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~scochran/DBXtend.htm  , but it did not work .I guess
the utility only looks for valid mail boxes .  Folders dbx should contain
the information about the oe5 folders .( I need stuff like   the foldername
, folderid , parentid etc)

Is there any other way to do this ? .

Regards ,

PS :- You would have seen a few mails from me regarding Outlook Express
these past few days . I hope you dont mind  them :-) . I 've found these
newsgroups very helpfull so far .

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:12:38 GMT
 How to access the contents of Folders.dbx ?
Where did you get a copy of DBXtend?

steve

Quote:

> Hi all ,

>     I need to access  the contents of Folders.dbx file  the Outlook Exp
> directory  Programmarically .  I treid passing the file through the
> DBXtend.exe at
> http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/DBXtend.htm  , but it did not work .I guess
> the utility only looks for valid mail boxes .  Folders dbx should contain
> the information about the oe5 folders .( I need stuff like   the foldername
> , folderid , parentid etc)

> Is there any other way to do this ? .

> Regards ,

> PS :- You would have seen a few mails from me regarding Outlook Express
> these past few days . I hope you dont mind  them :-) . I 've found these
> newsgroups very helpfull so far .

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:17:55 GMT
 How to access the contents of Folders.dbx ?
Downloaded it from
http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/DBXtend.htm

works for mail boxes . For  the Folders.dbx it showed that it was extracting
files but no output  .eml was thrown out .

Where did you get a copy of DBXtend?

steve

Quote:
> Hi all ,

>     I need to access  the contents of Folders.dbx file  the Outlook Exp
> directory  Programmarically .  I treid passing the file through the
> DBXtend.exe at
> http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/DBXtend.htm  , but it did not work .I
guess
> the utility only looks for valid mail boxes .  Folders dbx should contain
> the information about the oe5 folders .( I need stuff like   the
foldername
> , folderid , parentid etc)

> Is there any other way to do this ? .

> Regards ,

> PS :- You would have seen a few mails from me regarding Outlook Express
> these past few days . I hope you dont mind  them :-) . I 've found these
> newsgroups very helpfull so far .

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:19:09 GMT
 How to access the contents of Folders.dbx ?

Quote:
> Downloaded it from
> http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/DBXtend.htm

> works for mail boxes . For  the Folders.dbx it showed that it was
extracting
> files but no output  .eml was thrown out .

Did you notice that a) Steve Cochran is the author of this app and that b)
he states its for sale via hard distribution only and not for download?
Quote from that page:

"Order Information

The program is not available for download and credit cards are not accepted,
as of yet. The first 100 orders will receive the program on CD with a
complete and unbranded version of Internet Explorer 6 included free.

To order a copy of the program, send $30 (check or money order) to:

S.L. Cochran, Ph.D.
P.O. Box 132
Lookout Mountain, TN 37350-0132"

Peter

--
http://www.ulujain.org

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:27:03 GMT
 How to access the contents of Folders.dbx ?
Hello  .

    Of course I know who Dr Cochran is .  I made a typo error  when I said I
used DBXtend  when I actually had  used  DBXtract.exe  , which is a free
download .The error is deeply regretted :-).

Does anybody have any advice on how to read the folders.dbx file ?

Quote:

> > Downloaded it from
> > http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/DBXtend.htm

> > works for mail boxes . For  the Folders.dbx it showed that it was
> extracting
> > files but no output  .eml was thrown out .

> Did you notice that a) Steve Cochran is the author of this app and that b)
> he states its for sale via hard distribution only and not for download?
> Quote from that page:

> "Order Information

> The program is not available for download and credit cards are not
accepted,
> as of yet. The first 100 orders will receive the program on CD with a
> complete and unbranded version of Internet Explorer 6 included free.

> To order a copy of the program, send $30 (check or money order) to:

> S.L. Cochran, Ph.D.
> P.O. Box 132
> Lookout Mountain, TN 37350-0132"

> Peter

> --
> http://www.ulujain.org

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:48:49 GMT
 How to access the contents of Folders.dbx ?
Thank you.

steve

Quote:

> > Downloaded it from
> > http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/DBXtend.htm

> > works for mail boxes . For  the Folders.dbx it showed that it was
> extracting
> > files but no output  .eml was thrown out .

> Did you notice that a) Steve Cochran is the author of this app and that b)
> he states its for sale via hard distribution only and not for download?
> Quote from that page:

> "Order Information

> The program is not available for download and credit cards are not accepted,
> as of yet. The first 100 orders will receive the program on CD with a
> complete and unbranded version of Internet Explorer 6 included free.

> To order a copy of the program, send $30 (check or money order) to:

> S.L. Cochran, Ph.D.
> P.O. Box 132
> Lookout Mountain, TN 37350-0132"

> Peter

> --
> http://www.ulujain.org

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:42:48 GMT
 How to access the contents of Folders.dbx ?
Okay, I had thought DBXtend was being pirated and was a bit upset at that.

Folders.dbx does not contain messages (unless they are in the wasted space).  It contains the lists of newsgroups and message folder hierarchies.

The only information I know about it is available at Arne Schloh's site, but I'm not sure how accurate all of that is:

http://oe5dbx.aroh.de/

I gave up on trying to read folders.dbx.  It wasn't worth the effort to me.

cheers,

steve

Quote:

> Hello  .

>     Of course I know who Dr Cochran is .  I made a typo error  when I said I
> used DBXtend  when I actually had  used  DBXtract.exe  , which is a free
> download .The error is deeply regretted :-).

> Does anybody have any advice on how to read the folders.dbx file ?

> > > Downloaded it from
> > > http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/DBXtend.htm

> > > works for mail boxes . For  the Folders.dbx it showed that it was
> > extracting
> > > files but no output  .eml was thrown out .

> > Did you notice that a) Steve Cochran is the author of this app and that b)
> > he states its for sale via hard distribution only and not for download?
> > Quote from that page:

> > "Order Information

> > The program is not available for download and credit cards are not
> accepted,
> > as of yet. The first 100 orders will receive the program on CD with a
> > complete and unbranded version of Internet Explorer 6 included free.

> > To order a copy of the program, send $30 (check or money order) to:

> > S.L. Cochran, Ph.D.
> > P.O. Box 132
> > Lookout Mountain, TN 37350-0132"

> > Peter

> > --
> > http://www.ulujain.org

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:42:26 GMT

1. How to Extract ALL files from an Outlook Express 5 folder (.dbx)

2. Exchange Folder Contents Into Access

3. Click button to move folders contents to another folder

4. Access Outlook Express Mail File (dbx and mbx)

5. How to access million files from a folder and move them to separate folders

6. Outlook View control - accessing folders other than Default Folder

7. Using folder object when the user doesn't have access to the folder

8. Accessing a folder in public folders using an ADO recordset

9. List folder contents

10. content in folder changed alert

11. Programming a daily move of public folder contents

12. Printing all contents of an Outlook folder to Excel