Run-time error '429'
Author Message
 Run-time error '429'

I am a developer and i need to edit a dwg. file in a  my own application.

my software references:
Autocad 2000 licence 640-01122959
AutocadLT 2002 licence 700-50630544
MS Visual studio 6.0 licence
MS Visual studio .NET licence

Private AutoCAD_newApplication As AutoCAD.AcadApplication
ok

    Set AutoCAD_newApplication = New AutoCAD.AcadApplication
Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object

    Set AutoCAD_newApplication = CreateObject("AutoCAD.AcadApplication")
Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object

the same code string is rigth if I change the 'AutoCAD.AcadApplication'
instance with, e.g. 'Excel.Application'.
why cannot I initialize an Autocad application in my code?

help me, please
thanks

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:55:29 GMT
 Run-time error '429'
Am taking a guess, but please check if your Autocad licences are tlb's or
dll's.
-Krishnan

Quote:
> I am a developer and i need to edit a dwg. file in a  my own application.

> my software references:
> Autocad 2000 licence 640-01122959
> AutocadLT 2002 licence 700-50630544
> MS Visual studio 6.0 licence
> MS Visual studio .NET licence

> Private AutoCAD_newApplication As AutoCAD.AcadApplication
> ok

>     Set AutoCAD_newApplication = New AutoCAD.AcadApplication
> Run-time error '429':
> ActiveX component can't create object

>     Set AutoCAD_newApplication = CreateObject("AutoCAD.AcadApplication")
> Run-time error '429':
> ActiveX component can't create object

> the same code string is rigth if I change the 'AutoCAD.AcadApplication'
> instance with, e.g. 'Excel.Application'.
> why cannot I initialize an Autocad application in my code?

> help me, please
> thanks

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:01:53 GMT
 Run-time error '429'

Autocad licences are tlb's or dll's ?

Autocad 2000 licence -> acad.tlb ->.......acadbtn.dll, acadres.dll and
so on
AutocadLT 2002 licence ->aclt.tlb ->.......acadbtn.dll, acadres.dll and
so on

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:16:38 GMT
 Run-time error '429'
Well if you have tlb for your reference you cannot create objects. They are
just type-libraries. Try referencing a dll.
-Krishnan

Quote:

> Autocad licences are tlb's or dll's ?

> Autocad 2000 licence -> acad.tlb ->.......acadbtn.dll, acadres.dll and
> so on
> AutocadLT 2002 licence ->aclt.tlb ->.......acadbtn.dll, acadres.dll and
> so on

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:53:42 GMT

1. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

2. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

3. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

4. Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

5. Run time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

6. Run-Time Error '429': ActiveX component can't create object

7. Run-time error '429'

8. Run-time error '429'

9. Run-time error '429'

10. COM+ : Run-time error '429'