Com+ Events
Author Message
 Com+ Events

Yes it is possible.  Look for info on "transient subscriptions" as that is
what you want.

Quote:
> A question about Com+ Events. What I'm looking to do is have a 3 tiered
> structure with a SQL Server 7.0 backend and a Windows 2000 Server middle
> tier and a vb client front end.

> The aim is to create a small events system that would pass a disconnected
> recordset back to every client that has connected to the middle tier. It
> goes like this.

> 1) 4 Users connect to the middle tier etc.

> 2) User #1 changes some data. The changes get sent to the middle tier and
> the com+ component updates the sql server, at the same time gathering the
> new data in to a recordset.

> 3) What I then want to do is send the disconnect recordset back to all the
> client that have an instance of the Com+ component.

> What I'm hoping to do is 1 person makes a change but the other 3 will not
> actually need to requery the database, as the new data would already be in
> the returning recordset. I know this is quite and open question I have
> enclosed a diagram of what I'm trying to do. Would anyone know if this is
> possible to do??.

> Thanks Tim.

Fri, 07 May 2004 22:04:43 GMT
 Com+ Events
Would I still be able to pass a recordset back to the subscribers??, with
out them having to requery the database though.

Thanks Tim.

Quote:
> Yes it is possible.  Look for info on "transient subscriptions" as that is
> what you want.

> > A question about Com+ Events. What I'm looking to do is have a 3 tiered
> > structure with a SQL Server 7.0 backend and a Windows 2000 Server middle
> > tier and a vb client front end.

> > The aim is to create a small events system that would pass a
disconnected
> > recordset back to every client that has connected to the middle tier. It
> > goes like this.

> > 1) 4 Users connect to the middle tier etc.

> > 2) User #1 changes some data. The changes get sent to the middle tier
and
> > the com+ component updates the sql server, at the same time gathering
the
> > new data in to a recordset.

> > 3) What I then want to do is send the disconnect recordset back to all
the
> > client that have an instance of the Com+ component.

> > What I'm hoping to do is 1 person makes a change but the other 3 will
not
> > actually need to requery the database, as the new data would already be
in
> > the returning recordset. I know this is quite and open question I have
> > enclosed a diagram of what I'm trying to do. Would anyone know if this
is
> > possible to do??.

> > Thanks Tim.

Fri, 07 May 2004 22:21:05 GMT
 Com+ Events
You should be able to.  When you raise the event you add parameters that are
caught by the event sink.  I haven't tried passing a recordset but I don't
see why it wouldn't be possible.

Quote:
> Would I still be able to pass a recordset back to the subscribers??, with
> out them having to requery the database though.

> Thanks Tim.

Fri, 07 May 2004 22:53:31 GMT

1. Problems with Com+ Events

2. Com+ Event Run Time Problem

3. Com+ Events or What else

4. how to write com+ event

5. Com+ Events(Publisher/Subscriber)

6. COM events

7. VB.NET & COM Events

8. VBScript, COM Events & Safe Arrays

9. Q: How to fire COM events of a predefined interface

10. How To Handle COM Events

11. USB COM event

12. Q: How to fire COM events of a predefined interface