Event ID: 1
Date:  6/27/2003
Time:  12:15:31 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: SERVER
The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application
BSIRC: Thread ID: 1868 ,Logged: MsgBox:  , Run-time error '70':

Permission denied

So, the question is: What shall I do to pinpoint the right security
configuration to run the .DLL file?

Regards,
Parsa

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 01:46:19 GMT
 Run-Time Error '70' - Permission Denied
Hi,

it seems to me that your dll gets called (try to implement some traces)
but tries sth. bad.

Just a general hint ..
Jens

Quote:

> Hi

[snip]

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:53:18 GMT
 Run-Time Error '70' - Permission Denied
I noticed one thing in your error dump: "Logged: MsgBox:" are you displying
MsgBox in your DLL?

Anyways check this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306164
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;286198
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254376
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;172954

HTH
--
Ashok Gupta - ashi

> Hi,
> i have a problem with running a WebClass DLL on my WIN2K(SP3) machine. the
> application runs perfectly through the VB IDE but when I compile and
> register the dll, on the same machine, seems like a security problem
denies
> permission for the DLL to be loaded by IIS. I tried to open up all COM
> security problems by assigning launch and access control to Everyone (and
> IUSR_MACHINE) by DCOMCNFG but it doesn't work!
> NTFS permissions for the DLL itself and the MSVBVM6.DLL is are also on
> fullcontrol level.
> When I try to browse the website, with the DLL registered, the browser
> doesn't show any error messages, no Error 500 or 500.100 typical of an
> internal dll problem. it just hangs there trying to access the page.

> If I unregister the DLL and run it through the VB IDE, it works fine!

> In the event viewer this is the type of the error message i get:
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: VBRuntime
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1
> Date:  6/27/2003
> Time:  12:15:31 PM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: SERVER
> The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application
> BSIRC: Thread ID: 1868 ,Logged: MsgBox:  , Run-time error '70':

> Permission denied

> So, the question is: What shall I do to pinpoint the right security
> configuration to run the .DLL file?

> Regards,
> Parsa

Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:01:57 GMT

1. Run-Time Error '70' - Permission Denied

2. Runtime error '70' Permission denied

3. runtime error '70' permission denied bug

4. Run-Time Error '70': Permission Denied

5. winNT: run-time error 70, permission denied ?

6. Run-Time error '70'

7. runtime error 70 Permission denied:

8. Runtime error 70-Permission denied (DCOM)

9. runtime error '800a0046' Permission denied

10. Error Number : 70 and Error Description : Permission Denied

11. Compile Error - Permission Denied (Error 70)

12. Permission Denied (Error 70)