Making Menu Items Bold
Author Message
 Making Menu Items Bold

Hi,

Does anybody know how to make menu items bold?

Regards
Simon

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:48:37 GMT
 Making Menu Items Bold
On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 07:48:37 +0100, "Simon King"

Quote:

>Hi,

>Does anybody know how to make menu items bold?

>Regards
>Simon

If you just need one item to be bold, you can use the menu API
functions to set it as the default item.  If you want more than one
item bolded, you will need to make your menus owner drawn and draw the
menu text yourself.

HTH,
Bryan
New Vision Software            "When the going gets weird,"
Bryan Stafford                   "the weird turn pro."

Microsoft MVP-Visual Basic     Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:48:27 GMT
 Making Menu Items Bold
Hi

Forgive my ignorance but there is no option in the menu API to make the text
bold, could you give me some more information. i.e. is there a special
character like & indicates the shortcut?

Thanks in advance
Simon

Quote:
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 07:48:37 +0100, "Simon King"

> >Hi,

> >Does anybody know how to make menu items bold?

> >Regards
> >Simon

> If you just need one item to be bold, you can use the menu API
> functions to set it as the default item.  If you want more than one
> item bolded, you will need to make your menus owner drawn and draw the
> menu text yourself.

> HTH,
> Bryan
> New Vision Software            "When the going gets weird,"
> Bryan Stafford          "the weird turn pro."

> Microsoft MVP-Visual Basic     Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:40:34 GMT
 Making Menu Items Bold
Have a look at the Set Default Menu Item demo that I just added at
http://www.mvps.org/vbvision/

HTH,
Bryan
New Vision Software            "When the going gets weird,"
Bryan Stafford                   "the weird turn pro."

Microsoft MVP-Visual Basic     Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 07:40:34 +0100, "Simon King"

Quote:

>Hi

>Forgive my ignorance but there is no option in the menu API to make the text
>bold, could you give me some more information. i.e. is there a special
>character like & indicates the shortcut?

>Thanks in advance
>Simon

>> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 07:48:37 +0100, "Simon King"

>> >Hi,

>> >Does anybody know how to make menu items bold?

>> >Regards
>> >Simon

>> If you just need one item to be bold, you can use the menu API
>> functions to set it as the default item.  If you want more than one
>> item bolded, you will need to make your menus owner drawn and draw the
>> menu text yourself.

>> HTH,
>> Bryan
>> New Vision Software            "When the going gets weird,"
>> Bryan Stafford          "the weird turn pro."

>> Microsoft MVP-Visual Basic     Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:28:08 GMT
 Making Menu Items Bold
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for this much appreciated. I had imagined it would be simple but
clearly not. Still I have taken what you did and amended it so that it works
in my app. It works fine now. For your info I use it on a popup menu from a
systray icon, interstingly the attribute is only applied if the master menu
is visible. I originaly had it set as invisible as I didn't want the menu on
my form but only as a popup in the system tray. I solved this by createing a
new form and putting the menu there.

Thanks again for your help much appreciated. Also I have bookmarked your
page as there seem to be a lot of useful items.

Regards
Simon

Quote:
> Have a look at the Set Default Menu Item demo that I just added at
> http://www.mvps.org/vbvision/

> HTH,
> Bryan
> New Vision Software            "When the going gets weird,"
> Bryan Stafford          "the weird turn pro."

> Microsoft MVP-Visual Basic     Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

> On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 07:40:34 +0100, "Simon King"

> >Hi

> >Forgive my ignorance but there is no option in the menu API to make the
text
> >bold, could you give me some more information. i.e. is there a special
> >character like & indicates the shortcut?

> >Thanks in advance
> >Simon

> >> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 07:48:37 +0100, "Simon King"

> >> If you just need one item to be bold, you can use the menu API
> >> functions to set it as the default item.  If you want more than one
> >> item bolded, you will need to make your menus owner drawn and draw the
> >> menu text yourself.

> >> HTH,
> >> Bryan
> >> New Vision Software            "When the going gets weird,"
> >> Bryan Stafford          "the weird turn pro."

> >> Microsoft MVP-Visual Basic     Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:45:57 GMT

1. Bold menu items

2. Bold items in Menu

3. Bold menu items on VB