controlling windows 2000 scheduler
Author Message
 controlling windows 2000 scheduler

Hi guys,

Is there any component or API by which i can control the windows 2000
scheduler from my COM component? I want to create a new schedule windows
task and later remove it. Is there anyway i can do it?

Regards,

Sarfraz

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:07:50 GMT
 controlling windows 2000 scheduler
If you are looking to write your own scheduler, you may want to look at the
"Gravitybox Schedule" component. However it does not interact with the
Windows Scheduler.

Thank you for your interest,
Christopher Davis

website: http://www.gravitybox.com
phone: 1.877.GRAVCOM

Quote:
> Hi guys,

> Is there any component or API by which i can control the windows 2000
> scheduler from my COM component? I want to create a new schedule windows
> task and later remove it. Is there anyway i can do it?

> Regards,

> Sarfraz

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 02:59:49 GMT
 controlling windows 2000 scheduler
Well, the Scheduler API documented in the platform SDK looks pretty C++
based, though you might be able to construct a compatible type library that
you can use from VB.

The best approach may be to try using WMI - the scheduler seems to be
exposed through the Win32_ScheduledJob WMI class.

Hope this points you in a workable direction.

Best regards,

Ade.

Quote:
> Hi guys,

> Is there any component or API by which i can control the windows 2000
> scheduler from my COM component? I want to create a new schedule windows
> task and later remove it. Is there anyway i can do it?

> Regards,

> Sarfraz

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 04:53:38 GMT

1. Windows 2000 Scheduler and Excel

2. Word 2000 from within VB: Windows 2000: error, Windows ME: ok

3. ActiveX Control Using Shape Control does not Display on Windows 2000 Box

4. ActiveX Control Using Shape Control does not Display on Windows 2000 Box

5. Controlling the Windows Task Scheduler

6. Line Control Does not Display on Some Windows 2000 Machines

7. User Permissions for Active X controls in Windows 2000

8. Debug an VB6 ActiveX Control in windows 2000

9. Windowless controls for Window 2000 ???

10. Line Control Does not Display on Some Windows 2000 Machines

11. Emergency ----- Windows 2000 controls !!!!

12. some control show broken DBCS characters on Windows 2000