GetString Problem
Author Message
 GetString Problem

What is oRecordSet declared as?

--
Patrick Logan, MCSD
Senior Technical Development Advisor
McKessonHBOC -- Extended Care Solutions Group

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Mon, 26 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 GetString Problem
Try using GetRows which returns the recordset in an array (variant).

--
Patrick Logan, MCSD
Senior Technical Development Advisor
McKessonHBOC -- Extended Care Solutions Group

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Mon, 26 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 GetString Problem
I am generating a report in one of our batch processes, and I came upon an
issue.
I am returning a recordset with 400k+ records, and I am putting it into an
array.
My problem is that the line of code below:
aTmpArray = oRecordSet.GetString(2)
Takes almost a full hour to process!
Is there a faster way of doing this without using the recordset itself to
parse through to generate the report.
We are trying to stay away from using the recordset itself.

Using Arrays
It takes 12 minutes to run the query, 40-60 minutes to do a getstring and
then it takes 5 minutes to process the rest of the report (This is using
arrays).

Using recordsets
It takes 12 minutes to run the query, and then it takes 5 minutes to process
the rest of the report

Any ideas?

Tue, 27 May 2003 01:58:34 GMT
 GetString Problem
get rows would  work faster.  What are the reasons for not wanting to
acccess the recordset directly?  I'm wondering why you wouldn't want to go
the faster route as long as the batch process that you are running isn't
going to affect the integrity of the data, i.e., it's just pulling the data
and writing out what is in the record set.

Quote:
> Try using GetRows which returns the recordset in an array (variant).

> --
> Patrick Logan, MCSD
> Senior Technical Development Advisor
> McKessonHBOC -- Extended Care Solutions Group

> Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Sat, 31 May 2003 00:55:41 GMT
 GetString Problem
This has a possibility (future functionality) of being accessed by a client.
I am late binding to it also if that helps any.

Quote:
> get rows would  work faster.  What are the reasons for not wanting to
> acccess the recordset directly?  I'm wondering why you wouldn't want to go
> the faster route as long as the batch process that you are running isn't
> going to affect the integrity of the data, i.e., it's just pulling the
data
> and writing out what is in the record set.

> > Try using GetRows which returns the recordset in an array (variant).

> > --
> > Patrick Logan, MCSD
> > Senior Technical Development Advisor
> > McKessonHBOC -- Extended Care Solutions Group

> > Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of McKessonHBOC.

Sat, 31 May 2003 01:39:39 GMT

1. ado recordset.getstring problem

2. Problem with ASCIIEncoding.GetString

3. Using ADO GetString with MSHFlexgrid - problem with memo field

4. ADO.NET GetRows or Getstring ?

5. GetString and Clip

6. GetString and Clip

7. What is the reverse of GetString?