Sending mail without using any email client !
Author Message
 Sending mail without using any email client !

Hello Everyone,

Here I'm with another query !

This time I want to send a mail using VB application, but at the same I
don't want to use any email client (not Outlook Express nor Outlook 2000).
Is it possible?
In other words if you are sending mails from ASP page, where it does not use
any of the email client, same manner I want to send mail without using any
email client.

Now, If I use MAPI, I have to have either Outlook Express or Out 2000 for
sending mail, which I don't want.

All these pains, because, the machine where my VB App will be running  does
not have any email client installed.

Is there any way?

IF some one can guide me or help me with sample code it will be a great
favor.

Anand Dhrangadharia.
Service Evaluation Concepts

Wed, 26 May 2004 05:50:21 GMT
 Sending mail without using any email client !
You can do it with winsock if you know an SMTP server that will alow you to
relay through it.

Quote:
> Hello Everyone,

> Here I'm with another query !

> This time I want to send a mail using VB application, but at the same I
> don't want to use any email client (not Outlook Express nor Outlook 2000).
> Is it possible?
> In other words if you are sending mails from ASP page, where it does not
use
> any of the email client, same manner I want to send mail without using any
> email client.

> Now, If I use MAPI, I have to have either Outlook Express or Out 2000 for
> sending mail, which I don't want.

> All these pains, because, the machine where my VB App will be running
does
> not have any email client installed.

> Is there any way?

> IF some one can guide me or help me with sample code it will be a great
> favor.

> Anand Dhrangadharia.
> Service Evaluation Concepts

Wed, 26 May 2004 06:11:30 GMT
 Sending mail without using any email client !
Just install a client on the machine.  It just isn't worth the trouble to
reinvent each wheel.
--
Van den Driessche Willy
For a work in progress :

Wed, 26 May 2004 08:54:50 GMT
 Sending mail without using any email client !
http://www.servercomponents.com
has a SMTP client COM component.

--
Egbert Nierop

Session management for webfarms:

> Hello Everyone,

> Here I'm with another query !

> This time I want to send a mail using VB application, but at the same I
> don't want to use any email client (not Outlook Express nor Outlook 2000).
> Is it possible?
> In other words if you are sending mails from ASP page, where it does not
use
> any of the email client, same manner I want to send mail without using any
> email client.

> Now, If I use MAPI, I have to have either Outlook Express or Out 2000 for
> sending mail, which I don't want.

> All these pains, because, the machine where my VB App will be running
does
> not have any email client installed.

> Is there any way?

> IF some one can guide me or help me with sample code it will be a great
> favor.

> Anand Dhrangadharia.
> Service Evaluation Concepts

Wed, 26 May 2004 13:57:57 GMT
 Sending mail without using any email client !
about the only thing available there is the domain.

Quote:
> http://www.servercomponents.com
> has a SMTP client COM component.

> --
> Egbert Nierop

> Session management for webfarms:
> http://www.nieropwebconsult.nl/asp_session_manager.htm

>>Hello Everyone,

>>Here I'm with another query !

>>This time I want to send a mail using VB application, but at the same I
>>don't want to use any email client (not Outlook Express nor Outlook 2000).
>>Is it possible?
>>In other words if you are sending mails from ASP page, where it does not

> use

>>any of the email client, same manner I want to send mail without using any
>>email client.

>>Now, If I use MAPI, I have to have either Outlook Express or Out 2000 for
>>sending mail, which I don't want.

>>All these pains, because, the machine where my VB App will be running

> does

>>not have any email client installed.

>>Is there any way?

>>IF some one can guide me or help me with sample code it will be a great
>>favor.

>>Anand Dhrangadharia.
>>Service Evaluation Concepts

Fri, 28 May 2004 21:53:28 GMT
 Sending mail without using any email client !
Posted in same group, different thread:

    Use CDONTS, or check out
http://www.vbip.com/winsock/winsock_simple_sender.asp.

Quote:
> about the only thing available there is the domain.

> > http://www.servercomponents.com
> > has a SMTP client COM component.

> > --
> > Egbert Nierop

> > Session management for webfarms:
> > http://www.nieropwebconsult.nl/asp_session_manager.htm

> >>Hello Everyone,

> >>Here I'm with another query !

> >>This time I want to send a mail using VB application, but at the same I
> >>don't want to use any email client (not Outlook Express nor Outlook
2000).
> >>Is it possible?
> >>In other words if you are sending mails from ASP page, where it does not

> > use

> >>any of the email client, same manner I want to send mail without using
any
> >>email client.

> >>Now, If I use MAPI, I have to have either Outlook Express or Out 2000
for
> >>sending mail, which I don't want.

> >>All these pains, because, the machine where my VB App will be running

> > does

> >>not have any email client installed.

> >>Is there any way?

> >>IF some one can guide me or help me with sample code it will be a great
> >>favor.

> >>Anand Dhrangadharia.
> >>Service Evaluation Concepts

Sat, 29 May 2004 00:25:50 GMT

1. Sending mail without using any email client !

2. Sending mail without using any email client !

3. Sending mail without using any email client !

4. Sending mail without using MS Outlook or other mail client

5. How can i open the default mail client (without sending email)

6. How to send HTML email from outlook client without using CDONTS

7. is there any way to send email through a formal without launching the email client

8. Send Simple E-Mail Message without E-Mail client

9. Send e-mail using default e-mail client

10. Sending email without client

11. Send Mail Without Leaving Message in Sent Mail

12. Send Mail using CDO or MAPI without using a profile