Interfaces and DCOM
Author Message
 Interfaces and DCOM

  Is it possible for me to send events via an interface over DCOM?

    Begin CServer
      Private objCallback as ICallback
      objCallback.MyEvent (varibles)
    End CServer

    Begin CClient
      Implements ICallback
      Private ICallback_MyEvent (varibles)
        Debug.Print "!"
      End Private ICallback_MyEvent
    End CClient

    Begin ICallback
      Public Sub MyEvent (varibles)
    End ICallback

  Thanks,

Karl

Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:02:06 GMT
 Interfaces and DCOM
possible but not recommended

Quote:

>   Is it possible for me to send events via an interface over DCOM?

>     Begin CServer
>       Private objCallback as ICallback
>       objCallback.MyEvent (varibles)
>     End CServer

>     Begin CClient
>       Implements ICallback
>       Private ICallback_MyEvent (varibles)
>         Debug.Print "!"
>       End Private ICallback_MyEvent
>     End CClient

>     Begin ICallback
>       Public Sub MyEvent (varibles)
>     End ICallback

>   Thanks,

> Karl

Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:14:35 GMT
 Interfaces and DCOM

    Even if not recomended, how would I go by to implement a
  remote interface? Could you please point me to a better solution?

Karl

Quote:

> possible but not recommended

> >   Is it possible for me to send events via an interface over DCOM?

> >     Begin CServer
> >       Private objCallback as ICallback
> >       objCallback.MyEvent (varibles)
> >     End CServer

> >     Begin CClient
> >       Implements ICallback
> >       Private ICallback_MyEvent (varibles)
> >         Debug.Print "!"
> >       End Private ICallback_MyEvent
> >     End CClient

> >     Begin ICallback
> >       Public Sub MyEvent (varibles)
> >     End ICallback

> >   Thanks,

> > Karl

Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:37:16 GMT
 Interfaces and DCOM

  Never mind. I'm stupid. :)

Quote:

>     Even if not recomended, how would I go by to implement a
>   remote interface? Could you please point me to a better solution?

> Karl

> > possible but not recommended

> > >   Is it possible for me to send events via an interface over DCOM?

> > >     Begin CServer
> > >       Private objCallback as ICallback
> > >       objCallback.MyEvent (varibles)
> > >     End CServer

> > >     Begin CClient
> > >       Implements ICallback
> > >       Private ICallback_MyEvent (varibles)
> > >         Debug.Print "!"
> > >       End Private ICallback_MyEvent
> > >     End CClient

> > >     Begin ICallback
> > >       Public Sub MyEvent (varibles)
> > >     End ICallback

> > >   Thanks,

> > > Karl

Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:58:03 GMT

1. Custom callback interfaces in DCOM

2. DCOM, DCOM , DCOM!!!

3. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

4. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

5. DCOM: Cannot cannot connect multiple users to a DCOM server

6. IMPLEMENTING AN INTERFACE MADE FROM ANOTHER INTERFACE

7. Implementing an interface made from another interface

8. IMPLEMENTING AN INTERFACE MADE FROM ANOTHER INTERFACE

9. Implementing an interface made from another interface

10. NEWBIE: Interface of MTS Component - How do I generate an the Interface Information

11. I can flag DCOM, but can DCOM flag me?

12. VB or VJ++: Which produces better performing (i.e. scalable) DCOM, DCOM/MTS or COM+ components ?