Problem on Class's Instancing
Author Message
 Problem on Class's Instancing

Hi all,

What is the different between Global Multi Use and Global Single Use?  I
have looked up in help but i don't get it.

Thanks alot

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:27:57 GMT
 Problem on Class's Instancing

Quote:

> What is the different between Global Multi Use and Global Single Use?  I
> have looked up in help but i don't get it.

Global Single-Use will launch a new instance of an ActiveX EXE every
time something even so much as looks at it funny.  Single-Use was a
VB4-ism used to simulate threading, but I'd avoid it if I were you,
since VB5 SP2 introduced /real/ multi-threading in "pure" native VB.
Don't believe me?  Here are some "starter kits":

 URL:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=e0yo%23nouBHA.360%40tkmsftngp07

 URL:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=ti4il33cc9i94f%40corp.supernews.com

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>   Space Cooties! <http://www.xenu.net/>

Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:30:56 GMT

1. instance of class module can't see own type

2. A question on Assignment of an Instance of used's class

3. Class instance lifetime problem.

4. problem w/class handling events of form instances..

5. multiple instances of database wrapper class causing problem

6. Class Instancing Problem

7. newbie: private class variables are visible in class instances

8. Find out if somebody make an instance of a Class without having access to the Class

9. nested class inherits containing class accessing private instance members

10. instance a class from its class name

11. Should multiple instances of same form, open separate instances of form's class???

12. Using DataSet's in a class - problem