Remote Automation
Author Message
 Remote Automation

Hai

   I need help for one of the projects in MSDN samples directory
    Application name is "Hello word remote automation sample project"
   I am running the server application on "win 98 machine" and by using
   package and deployment wizard i configured client application.
    I included .VBR, .TLB files ,and during set up i gave servers IP address
    but when i try to run client application it is giving "Activex component
    can't create object".  Your help in this regard in highly appriciated

                                                                   Thanks

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:37:07 GMT
 Remote Automation
Hi,

Win98 just can connect clients to an component object which is already
running - it doesnt start it if not running. So you better use Win NT4 or
above as server. Another way is to ensure that the object is running on the
win98 computer. You can do this by programming a client running on this
server and using the object as an local stored object. So this client starts
the object and THEN the remote clients can use it.

Andr

Hai

   I need help for one of the projects in MSDN samples directory
    Application name is "Hello word remote automation sample project"
   I am running the server application on "win 98 machine" and by using
   package and deployment wizard i configured client application.
    I included .VBR, .TLB files ,and during set up i gave servers IP address
    but when i try to run client application it is giving "Activex component
    can't create object".  Your help in this regard in highly appriciated

                                                                   Thanks

Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:39:44 GMT

1. Remote Automation?

2. Remote Automation of NT Dialer?

3. Client/Server & Help with Remote Automation

4. H800706a7 - Remote Automation Error

5. Help with Remote Automation

6. what port does remote automation use?

7. Using Remote Automation

8. DCOM, Remote Automation Setup (VB Bug: AutPrx32.dll???)

9. Remote Automation Error code

10. Client/Server Setup and Remote Automation

11. Help: Problems with Remote Automation

12. Need Help With Remote Automation