Accessing Registry
Author Message
 Accessing Registry

The main problem that I am having with our web app is accessing the
registry.  The computer is running off of W2k Server and the permissions
have been set for IUSER for both hitting the page and being able to access
the registry where values need to be written for later use.  The peculiar
thing is that the dlls work on other machines that do not have W2k server
installed on it.  On the server in questiong, if the dlls are installed into
Com+, they will work fine, but we do not want to intall the components into
Com+ at this time (there are performance issues that we are having with the
dlls in Com+ that have not been resolved).  I was wondering if anyone had
any idea what was going on.  The first thing that the dll will do is Access
the registry and return Values out of the registry, if certain values are
not returned, then the dll errors out, this is by design, and the user is
prompted to the next page.  We just can't figure out why the dlls will not
return the values needed unless the dlls are installed in Com+.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:07:24 GMT
 Accessing Registry
How are you getting the registry entries?  In WinNT/2000 the registry can
be setup with security.  Make sure that you have security setup properly
for the IUSER account by using regedt32.exe.

--------------------

| Subject: Accessing Registry
| Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:07:24 -0500

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.com
|
| The main problem that I am having with our web app is accessing the
| registry.  The computer is running off of W2k Server and the permissions
| have been set for IUSER for both hitting the page and being able to access
| the registry where values need to be written for later use.  The peculiar
| thing is that the dlls work on other machines that do not have W2k server
| installed on it.  On the server in questiong, if the dlls are installed
into
| Com+, they will work fine, but we do not want to intall the components
into
| Com+ at this time (there are performance issues that we are having with
the
| dlls in Com+ that have not been resolved).  I was wondering if anyone had
| any idea what was going on.  The first thing that the dll will do is
Access
| the registry and return Values out of the registry, if certain values are
| not returned, then the dll errors out, this is by design, and the user is
| prompted to the next page.  We just can't figure out why the dlls will not
| return the values needed unless the dlls are installed in Com+.  Any help
| would be greatly appreciated.

Wed, 03 Sep 2003 06:09:39 GMT

1. Access Registry Problem

2. Newbie question - can't access registry key from limited account

3. Accessing Registry Value

4. mscorlib :-cannot access Registry

5. Accessing Registry Info Via VB5/VB6

6. How to access registry?

7. Accessing Registry entries

8. VB Remote Access Registry

9. Access Registry

10. Help please accessing registry with API calls

11. Using RegQueryInfoKey to Access registry key in VB

12. Accessing Registry Keys