NEWBIE!!! - Kill Process (API) - PLEASE HELP!!!
Author Message
 NEWBIE!!! - Kill Process (API) - PLEASE HELP!!!

I am new to vb, I have a VB program that Connects to a SQL sever gathers
Info then Runs another App called Spyvision. I have tried the Shell command
RetVal = Shell("C:\WINNT\SpyviewKill.exe", 1) to kill this application but
it seems to hang and then crashes the VB Program.  Is there a Kill command
that I could use instead. Also would be nice if I could also be able to
detect if the App was closed/Killed before continuing running the vb Code.
Please Help

I am using VB 6 with SQL 7.0 on a Windows 2000 Server running IIS

~Keith

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 02:38:09 GMT
 NEWBIE!!! - Kill Process (API) - PLEASE HELP!!!
Keith,

Take a look at google advanced search. Type in "Kill API Shell" and you will
see solutions.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:microsoft.publ...
&hl=en&safe=off&num=50

--
HTH,

Justin

Unless one is willing to risk
making a fool of themselves,
one can not learn.

Quote:
> I am new to vb, I have a VB program that Connects to a SQL sever gathers
> Info then Runs another App called Spyvision. I have tried the Shell
command
> RetVal = Shell("C:\WINNT\SpyviewKill.exe", 1) to kill this application but
> it seems to hang and then crashes the VB Program.  Is there a Kill command
> that I could use instead. Also would be nice if I could also be able to
> detect if the App was closed/Killed before continuing running the vb Code.
> Please Help

> I am using VB 6 with SQL 7.0 on a Windows 2000 Server running IIS

> ~Keith

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 04:38:27 GMT

1. NEWBIE!!! - Kill Process (API) - PLEASE HELP!!!

2. Newbie needs help killing explorer.exe process in win2000

3. Killing a SHELLed process - HELP PLEASE?!

4. Killing Processes (Newbie)

5. API question...killing a process

6. API calls to Kill a process

7. API calls to detect and kill windows processes?

8. Killing a process (API ?)

9. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

10. Killing a process and all its children processes....

11. HELP : Kill a running process on windows

12. Help with script for killing large process