Cannot compile application after installing VS6
Author Message
 Cannot compile application after installing VS6

I am moving my work to a new laptop and I have installed Visual Studio
6 Professional from the MSDN CD:s. Previously I was using VB6 from an
installation from the standalone product CD.

I have also copied over my project directories from the old laptop and
now I was going to make a test compile in the new environment.
But the project load fails strangely with the following error message
written into a log file in the project dir:
"Line 47: Cannot load control pnlSignal; license not found"
There are 3 more lines like this complaining about Threed.SSPanel and
Threed.SSCommand controls.

What the heck is going on? Why can't I load my projects using these
controls? They were shipped with the VB6 package I used before! Are
they not included in VS6???

What can I do about it?

/Bo

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 05:40:26 GMT
 Cannot compile application after installing VS6
Those controls are VB4 controls and are not installed by default. If you
want to use them, you can find those controls under the
COMMON\TOOLS\VB\CONTROLS directory in VS CD. Please make sure to check the
readme.txt file under that directory for installation.

Regards,
Gang Guo
Got .Net? http://www.gotdotnet.com

Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:23:57 GMT

1. Install VS6 alongside VS.NET

2. VS6 VB6 install failure

3. VS6 install issue

4. Q: Install VS6.0 on Win98

5. Smithware DDF Builder fails in NT4 after VS6 installed

6. VS6 Install fails: Setup was unable to create a DCOM user account

7. Detecting if .NET Framework is installed prior to installing application

8. compile error: cannot find project or library

9. Access 2000 cannot compile

10. Object Cannot Access Database After Compiled When Called From ASP

11. Cannot Print picture from a compiled DLL

12. Help...Cannot compile my app