newbie having problems
Author Message
 newbie having problems

I'm new to Visual Basic and am just trying to learn.

One of the problems I have is that when I create an
application with only 1 command button, that command
button does not initially have the focus, so I have to
click the command button twice the first time to get it to
perform its function.

Can someone tell me how I can set the focus to a
particular object when the program first starts?

Thanx

Wed, 19 May 2004 03:36:36 GMT
 newbie having problems
If you have to click the command button twice to get it to fire, then
your entire form doesn't have focus.  That first click is giving your
form focus.  Why your form is starting without having active focus I'm
not sure.
Quote:

> I'm new to Visual Basic and am just trying to learn.

> One of the problems I have is that when I create an
> application with only 1 command button, that command
> button does not initially have the focus, so I have to
> click the command button twice the first time to get it to
> perform its function.

> Can someone tell me how I can set the focus to a
> particular object when the program first starts?

> Thanx

Wed, 19 May 2004 13:45:37 GMT

1. Newbie having problems with ActiveX

2. Having some problems with ObjectNames(newbie)

3. Newbie still having problems with SQL statement

4. Newbie having trouble with VBA Code in Access

5. Newbie having trouble with Object Error

6. A Newbie having trouble passing variables from one sup-procedure to another

7. Newbie Having trouble with this User Info script, Please help

8. Problem starting Acces 97 after having started Outlook 2000

9. Having problems with VBA332.dll

10. Having problems with sorting character or text fields

11. Having problems with locating date values

12. I'm having a problem with a date variable