routines for creating mail from textl templates
Author Message
 routines for creating mail from textl templates

Hi

Little off topic, but maybe some one here can answer it anyway.

I'm looking for routines that
creates the body of a email from a text template file. A text template is
(my
definition) a text file that contains specific keywords/tags/markups or
whatever, that tells where to insert the produced data. The template should
support simple replacement of words as well as insertion of table data.

I have routine for sending the email itself, but I could not find any
routine for template handling .
I usually use perl to this kind of stuff (Because it has powerful regular
expression handling),  however, I can not use perl to make a com server
application (That is my case in this time).

Make me a believers, show me that VB is a powerful as perl in this case :-)

/regards, Nima

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 05:45:34 GMT
 routines for creating mail from textl templates
Nima,

Surprise! You *can* use regular expressions in VB! Just add the reference to
"Microsoft VBScript Regular Expressions" and feel yourself home.

--
HTH,
Alexander Shirshov, MCSD

Quote:
> Hi

> Little off topic, but maybe some one here can answer it anyway.

> I'm looking for routines that
> creates the body of a email from a text template file. A text template is
> (my
> definition) a text file that contains specific keywords/tags/markups or
> whatever, that tells where to insert the produced data. The template
should
> support simple replacement of words as well as insertion of table data.

> I have routine for sending the email itself, but I could not find any
> routine for template handling .
> I usually use perl to this kind of stuff (Because it has powerful regular
> expression handling),  however, I can not use perl to make a com server
> application (That is my case in this time).

> Make me a believers, show me that VB is a powerful as perl in this case
:-)

> /regards, Nima

Thu, 01 Jan 2004 00:34:26 GMT

1. Create a routine that creates html for every query

2. Creating a mail using standard e-mail client

3. create an e-mail mailing from a folder containing tasks items

4. Creating a mail using standard e-mail client

5. creating word mailing labels with Mail Merge

6. Working with VIM mail - Creating folders in cc:Mail

7. Routine that e-mails Originator Each Time Doc is Forwarded

8. Exporting Access Data to a Word Mail-Merge Template

9. Reply with a mail template

10. How to select template for HMTL mail body?

11. outlook 2000 - VBA - Can i use a Mail Template in my code

12. Copying text of current mail item to a word template