com clarification please c++/vb
Author Message
 com clarification please c++/vb

I am new to this and reading in the msdn library I became confused. For all
of the examples it tells me I need c++ to write the com examples.....

Are com objects written only in c++ or can I use Visual Basic. The very
existance of this newsgroup seems to imply that I could use the latter or
the two.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks for your time,
Eron

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 com clarification please c++/vb
Eron Tarhay:

Quote:
> I am new to this and reading in the msdn library I became confused. For
all
> of the examples it tells me I need c++ to write the com examples.
> Are com objects written only in c++ or can I use Visual Basic.

You can write com classes in vb. Actually all public class modules in an
active-x exe, active-x dll or user control project is also a com class.
--
Christer Romson (MCSD)
Siemens-Elema AB, Sweden

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 com clarification please c++/vb

Thanks for the info...

Eron

Quote:
> Eron Tarhay:
> > I am new to this and reading in the msdn library I became confused. For
> all
> > of the examples it tells me I need c++ to write the com examples.
> > Are com objects written only in c++ or can I use Visual Basic.

> You can write com classes in vb. Actually all public class modules in an
> active-x exe, active-x dll or user control project is also a com class.
> --
> Christer Romson (MCSD)
> Siemens-Elema AB, Sweden

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. MTS/COM Dev on W98 ? - Clarification

2. Need some clarification please

3. Data Source Control creation.. Clarification please

4. Using VB COM Objects in Visual C++ 5

5. C++ COM obj in VB

6. Using events in VB from a C++ COM object

7. COM/COM+ in VB or C++

8. error after closing c++ com used by vb

9. VB call C++ COM.

10. VB & C++ COM Components Talking

11. VB C++ DirectX and COM

12. Call C++ Routines in VB COM