error after closing c++ com used by vb
Author Message
 error after closing c++ com used by vb

We have a Visual C++ com that uses ATL, STL, and the
MFC/DAO classes.  On Windows 95 and 98 systems when
closing the vb app the com will close and 20-30 seconds
will pass before the vb closes.  In Windows 95 a general
protection fault can occur. In Windows 2000 there is no
delay in closing the vb app.  Sometimes even in Windows
2000 after the vb app has been loaded and unloaded several
times the vb app will hang when unloading. This acts like
a reference count or resource problem.  We have tired
Bounds Checker, replacing MFC/DAO with ADO, ATL reference
count diagnostics, and Visual Studio Analyzer. So far we
still do not have the answer. Any ideas would be
appreciated.

Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:02:38 GMT
 error after closing c++ com used by vb
I forgot to mention that the com also manages windows
using the WIN32 SDK.

Quote:

Fri, 25 Jun 2004 22:45:00 GMT
 error after closing c++ com used by vb
It was found that the problems were caused by 2 activeX
controls used in the vb app.  The Microsoft tree control
in comctl32.ocx version 6.0.81.5 caused the delay in
unloading and the GPF in Windows 95. The tree had a lot of
nodes in it and the control is inefficient in unloading
memory unless major nodes are deleted before the app
closes.  The tool bar activeX control actbar2.ocx version
2.0.1.1111 (Dec 2001) has a bug in it which caused the vb
app to hang on exit.

Quote:

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 03:31:55 GMT

1. Using VB COM Objects in Visual C++ 5

2. Using events in VB from a C++ COM object

3. Passing structures from C++ app to a VB client app through Network connection using COM

4. Question: Catching errors from a VB ActiveX control in Visual C++ using MFC

5. Using VB5 COM objs in C++ w/out MFC ?s

6. Error using Vb.Net Setup when accessing COM Libs

7. Type mismatch error using ADO / ASP / VB COM Component

8. Problems while closing program after using COM.

9. C++ COM obj in VB

10. COM/COM+ in VB or C++

11. VB call C++ COM.

12. VB & C++ COM Components Talking