MSMQ not firing to QCs
Author Message
 MSMQ not firing to QCs

Hoping someone can help me diagnose this problem.  What am I missing:

1) I'm in workgroup mode on my dev box.  I have followed instructions in the
KB and set security for the QC's to "none".  .

2) My QC's have binary compatibility set and have been compiled as such.

3) The QC's instantiate a single object, a COM+ component in a different
COM+ App and call a single method.  They instantiate using CreateObject at
this time to limit compilation annoyances.

4)  I am destroying my QC objects with Set x = nothing at the end of my
functions / ASP pages.

5) I have "started" the COM+ Application and associated applications.  I've
also tried reinstalling completely both applications multiple times now.

One final note - I expect errors to occur in the component that the QC calls
but these errors should be completely supressed within the component.  I
expect no errors in the QC.

Thanks

Justin Weinberg
www.bravopos.com

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 03:03:14 GMT
 MSMQ not firing to QCs
Ok I tracked it down.  The message are in fact firing - but after 6 or 7
successful fires the Queue object is raising an error to the effect of "This
object is attempting to use an interface that was marshalled for a different
thread" or something to that effect.  I can get the specific message if it
will help.

I thought VB was 100% thread safe.  What's going on??

Quote:
> Hoping someone can help me diagnose this problem.  What am I missing:

> 1) I'm in workgroup mode on my dev box.  I have followed instructions in
the
> KB and set security for the QC's to "none".  .

> 2) My QC's have binary compatibility set and have been compiled as such.

> 3) The QC's instantiate a single object, a COM+ component in a different
> COM+ App and call a single method.  They instantiate using CreateObject at
> this time to limit compilation annoyances.

> 4)  I am destroying my QC objects with Set x = nothing at the end of my
> functions / ASP pages.

> 5) I have "started" the COM+ Application and associated applications.
I've
> also tried reinstalling completely both applications multiple times now.

> One final note - I expect errors to occur in the component that the QC
calls
> but these errors should be completely supressed within the component.  I
> expect no errors in the QC.

> Thanks

> Justin Weinberg
> www.bravopos.com

Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:37:46 GMT

1. click event not firing if lost_focus is firing first

2. fat client (MSMQ, VB Program) or thin client (ASP page then have Web server use MSMQ)

3. QCs on a Workgroup Server?

4. passing QC Recorders as Params to QCs

5. Listbox - nav to rec by keystroke does not fire AfterUpdate

6. Terminate Event not Fired

7. HELP: Acc97: OnCurrent not firing

8. BeforeDelConfirm, AfterDelConfirm events not firing

9. Application_Remider --- Does not seem to fire?

10. Inspector_Close Event Not Firing

11. Outlook 2000 Add-in : Disconnect events do not fire

12. Event does not fire after showing a form