Reading files from a directory
Author Message
 Reading files from a directory

Hi-

I have a program (in vb6) that reads files from a directory then process
whatever appears inside. I am using the dir command to see if any files
exist.  The problem is that when a back log of files get place in the
directory and the order of the files (which I have no control over there
naming)  and the order is not by the date but by the name so I end up over
writing current data with out dated data.  I am looking at using
filesystemobject (in conjunction with the dir) where you can get the created
to compare each file before processing..... isn't there a better way?

Any help would be appreciated!
Janet

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 03:47:32 GMT
 Reading files from a directory
Maybe you could just use the fileSystemObject w/o the dir.
you can use a For Each .. Next loop to iterate through all the files in a
Folder, and check the date there.

Hi-

I have a program (in vb6) that reads files from a directory then process
whatever appears inside. I am using the dir command to see if any files
exist.  The problem is that when a back log of files get place in the
directory and the order of the files (which I have no control over there
naming)  and the order is not by the date but by the name so I end up over
writing current data with out dated data.  I am looking at using
filesystemobject (in conjunction with the dir) where you can get the created
to compare each file before processing..... isn't there a better way?

Any help would be appreciated!
Janet

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:33:11 GMT

1. Read files of a directory into an array using VBA

2. newbie: read files in a directory into an array?

3. HELP! Reading files in a directory & subdirectories

4. Creating/Reading/Writing files and directories

5. How to read mpp files ina directory ?

6. Making files in directory/subdirectory read-only

7. help reading directories THUMBS.DB file!?!?!?

8. Visual Basic: reading file & directory names

9. reading permissions of a directory or file

10. Read in File Names in Directory

11. reading the files in a directory

12. Read all files in a directory