DCOM on COM+ on TCP/IP (http)
Author Message
 DCOM on COM+ on TCP/IP (http)

Hi All,

Please help.. here are the issues i am encountering

1. I have one DLL that I want now to be on the remote
server (this is an activeX DLL made in VB which has calls
to oracle). I have made it a COM+ application on that
remote server. I have exported it as a proxy and installed
it on the client side.

Is this all that I have to do in order to make the remote
component work in a 3 tier structure?

2. When I use COM+ application on server and proxy setup
on the client, what port does this communication use?

3. Do I have to create a port (135) on the firewall on the
server in order for the DCOM marshalling to take place?

4. Currently I am trying to include an application on the
server machine and I am getting the error (while creating
an application/component) : "cannot perform action. If
system application has security enabled then make sure you
are included in the appropriate role". what are the causes
to this error and how to remdy this.

Thanks very very much in advance

TO_raptor

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 05:25:46 GMT
 DCOM on COM+ on TCP/IP (http)
why not use RDS to instantiate the COM+ application over HTTP.  then you
won't have the firewall issues.  of course, there is also SOAP.

Quote:
> Hi All,

> Please help.. here are the issues i am encountering

> 1. I have one DLL that I want now to be on the remote
> server (this is an activeX DLL made in VB which has calls
> to oracle). I have made it a COM+ application on that
> remote server. I have exported it as a proxy and installed
> it on the client side.

> Is this all that I have to do in order to make the remote
> component work in a 3 tier structure?

> 2. When I use COM+ application on server and proxy setup
> on the client, what port does this communication use?

> 3. Do I have to create a port (135) on the firewall on the
> server in order for the DCOM marshalling to take place?

> 4. Currently I am trying to include an application on the
> server machine and I am getting the error (while creating
> an application/component) : "cannot perform action. If
> system application has security enabled then make sure you
> are included in the appropriate role". what are the causes
> to this error and how to remdy this.

> Thanks very very much in advance

> TO_raptor

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:42:26 GMT
 DCOM on COM+ on TCP/IP (http)
can u please advise me where i can find detailed documentation for RDS
especially.

I presume looking for soap on msdn will help.

thanks

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:07:35 GMT

1. HTTP without TCP/IP ?

2. HTTP PUT request over TCP/IP problem

3. TCP/IP HTTP Control

4. DCOM performance over TCP/IP

5. DCOM performance over TCP/IP

6. TCP/IP not TCP/IPing

7. Setting the Gateway IP (in TCP/IP Settings) via program

8. Tcp/ip or Ip number ?

9. TCP/IP IP address and multiple adapters

10. http://xxdomain.com/mydll.dll?/http/svr

11. -=Questions Re: Com+, Dcom=-

12. Com+ and Dcom question