problem with reading zip files
Author Message
 problem with reading zip files

Hello all,

I've downloaded the source of a component (from
http://www.*-*-*.com/
n&FR=0) that should read binary files. This works for most files (like .doc
.ppt .mp3 etc) but not for .zip files The function returns a empty stream
this i don't understand .. could you guys/girls help me out ??

tia

Jochem

the source

   Function readBinFile(ByVal bfilename As String)
       Dim fl As Long
       Dim binbyte() As Byte
       Dim binfilestr As String

       On Error GoTo errHandler

       Open bfilename For Binary Access Read As #1

       fl = FileLen(bfilename)
       ReDim binbyte(fl)

       Get #1, , binbyte

       Close #1

       readBinFile = binbyte
       Exit Function

errHandler:
       Exit Function
   End Function

Sun, 12 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading files from a zip file (Just reading the filenames, not unzipping or zipping)

2. Reading Data From An Excel File - source.zip (0/1)

3. Question: How do I read a .zip file with VB4

4. control to read à ZIP file ?

5. CGI32.ZIP Using VB to write CGI files - cgi32.zip (1/1)

6. Problem displaying icons from resource file - IconBug.zip

7. vaxing problem reading a text file - could be related to how notepad.exe saves files

8. VB3 Binary FILES READ READ READ

9. VBA to dump zip file contents to a file

10. How see file names inside zip files

11. Reading Data From Excel - source.zip (0/1)

12. Help: Creating Zip-File and Encrypted File