VB app in TaskBar
Author Message
 VB app in TaskBar

I have VB application which is not appearing in TaskBar when it is running.
SO, I see FORMS of application on the screen,
but this application is hidden iff TaskBar.
I can see my application into TaskManager list.
But I can NOT switch to my application by using ALT+TAB.
This is strange for me.

I am using:
Sub Main()
    Dim formToRunFirst as frmMain

    Set  formToRunFirst = New frmMain

    formToRunFirst.Show vbModal

End Sub

frmMain is my form included into the project. It is NOT MDIform.

Thank You
Mikhail.

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 04:02:39 GMT
 VB app in TaskBar
set ShowInTaskBar property to true

Quote:
> I have VB application which is not appearing in TaskBar when it is
running.
> SO, I see FORMS of application on the screen,
> but this application is hidden iff TaskBar.
> I can see my application into TaskManager list.
> But I can NOT switch to my application by using ALT+TAB.
> This is strange for me.

> I am using:
> Sub Main()
>     Dim formToRunFirst as frmMain

>     Set  formToRunFirst = New frmMain

>     formToRunFirst.Show vbModal

> End Sub

> frmMain is my form included into the project. It is NOT MDIform.

> Thank You
> Mikhail.

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 04:18:04 GMT
 VB app in TaskBar
This property is set to TRUE in design mode.
You can NOT change this property in run-time.

So, It did NOT help.
Mikhail.

Quote:
> set ShowInTaskBar property to true

> > I have VB application which is not appearing in TaskBar when it is
> running.
> > SO, I see FORMS of application on the screen,
> > but this application is hidden iff TaskBar.
> > I can see my application into TaskManager list.
> > But I can NOT switch to my application by using ALT+TAB.
> > This is strange for me.

> > I am using:
> > Sub Main()
> >     Dim formToRunFirst as frmMain

> >     Set  formToRunFirst = New frmMain

> >     formToRunFirst.Show vbModal

> > End Sub

> > frmMain is my form included into the project. It is NOT MDIform.

> > Thank You
> > Mikhail.

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 05:10:18 GMT
 VB app in TaskBar
u'll be surprised, but you can change change appearence of the form in the
taskbar, not through standard vb property, but through win api SetWindowLong
(check out its parameters).

anyways,  try setting form's border style to Fixed Single or Sizable....
(not tool window)

Quote:
> This property is set to TRUE in design mode.
> You can NOT change this property in run-time.

> So, It did NOT help.
> Mikhail.

> > set ShowInTaskBar property to true

> > > I have VB application which is not appearing in TaskBar when it is
> > running.
> > > SO, I see FORMS of application on the screen,
> > > but this application is hidden iff TaskBar.
> > > I can see my application into TaskManager list.
> > > But I can NOT switch to my application by using ALT+TAB.
> > > This is strange for me.

> > > I am using:
> > > Sub Main()
> > >     Dim formToRunFirst as frmMain

> > >     Set  formToRunFirst = New frmMain

> > >     formToRunFirst.Show vbModal

> > > End Sub

> > > frmMain is my form included into the project. It is NOT MDIform.

> > > Thank You
> > > Mikhail.

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:44:58 GMT
 VB app in TaskBar
Re: SetWindowLong ::: i was talking about run-time change.

Quote:
> This property is set to TRUE in design mode.
> You can NOT change this property in run-time.

> So, It did NOT help.
> Mikhail.

> > set ShowInTaskBar property to true

> > > I have VB application which is not appearing in TaskBar when it is
> > running.
> > > SO, I see FORMS of application on the screen,
> > > but this application is hidden iff TaskBar.
> > > I can see my application into TaskManager list.
> > > But I can NOT switch to my application by using ALT+TAB.
> > > This is strange for me.

> > > I am using:
> > > Sub Main()
> > >     Dim formToRunFirst as frmMain

> > >     Set  formToRunFirst = New frmMain

> > >     formToRunFirst.Show vbModal

> > > End Sub

> > > frmMain is my form included into the project. It is NOT MDIform.

> > > Thank You
> > > Mikhail.

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:49:22 GMT
 VB app in TaskBar
I found the word from MS on this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q178754

But, anyway I'll try what yousuggest.
Thank You,
Mikhail.

Quote:
> Re: SetWindowLong ::: i was talking about run-time change.

> > This property is set to TRUE in design mode.
> > You can NOT change this property in run-time.

> > So, It did NOT help.
> > Mikhail.

> > > set ShowInTaskBar property to true

> > > running.

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:33:17 GMT
 VB app in TaskBar
Maybe because you used a form with out borders, if so,
check this link, it was what i've been looking for lately
http://www.mvps.org/vbvision/grouped_demos.htm#Icon_Routine
"Proxy For Taskbar Demo"
Quote:

Fri, 24 Sep 2004 00:35:33 GMT

1. VB App in Taskbar w/clock

2. Run VB app without taskbar

3. Reset screen so taskbar app prevents maxed apps from displaying underneath

4. Reset screen so taskbar app always displays above maxed apps

5. Reset screen so taskbar app prevents maxed apps from displaying underneath

6. VB App not showing in taskbar ?

7. How to keep Office toolbar, taskbar on top of VB app

8. How to keep Office toolbar, taskbar on top of VB app

9. Run a VB-App as an icon in Taskbar

10. VB 6 App not showing up in NT 4 taskbar

11. Hiding App in the Taskbar

12. app flashing in taskbar