Callback or RaiseEvent - when to use
Author Message
 Callback or RaiseEvent - when to use

Hi

I'm wondering ...

I'm developing an app and sometimes I'm using call backs passing in to a
child either the parent or a class implementing a common interface. At other
times I'm raising events. I don't feel I've a  consistent approach as to
when to use each.

I'd be interested in hearing about how other determine when it is
appropriate to use one and not the other.

Thanks

Simon

Sat, 08 May 2004 20:04:38 GMT
 Callback or RaiseEvent - when to use
Hi Simon.

Events vs. Callbacks
Here is an interesting article from MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dncomg/html/msdn_evntvscb.asp

--
JBu

Quote:
> Hi

> I'm wondering ...

> I'm developing an app and sometimes I'm using call backs passing in to a
> child either the parent or a class implementing a common interface. At
other
> times I'm raising events. I don't feel I've a  consistent approach as to
> when to use each.

> I'd be interested in hearing about how other determine when it is
> appropriate to use one and not the other.

> Thanks

> Simon

Sat, 08 May 2004 23:14:01 GMT
 Callback or RaiseEvent - when to use
JBu

Thanks for that ...

> Hi Simon.

> Events vs. Callbacks
> Here is an interesting article from MSDN:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dncomg/html/msdn_evntvscb.asp

> --
> JBu

> > Hi

> > I'm wondering ...

> > I'm developing an app and sometimes I'm using call backs passing in to a
> > child either the parent or a class implementing a common interface. At
> other
> > times I'm raising events. I don't feel I've a  consistent approach as to
> > when to use each.

> > I'd be interested in hearing about how other determine when it is
> > appropriate to use one and not the other.

> > Thanks

> > Simon

Sun, 09 May 2004 00:41:13 GMT

1. RaiseEvent doesn't seem to work when using AddressOf function

2. OLE Callback vs Implemented Interface Callback

3. OLE Callback vs Implemented Interface Callback

4. creating a callback function in c++ dll to callback a VB function in an exe

5. Using callbacks

6. Implementing Async callbacks using SetTimer not working after conversion to .NET

7. Using callback functions

8. ActiveX uses dll with callback

9. Passing strings from VC++ to VB using VB callback

10. problems when using CALLBACK functions

11. Urgent expert help needed. Listview sorting using callback

12. Help using callbacks