COM Debugging under Windows XP
Author Message
 COM Debugging under Windows XP

Hi,

If I debug COM components under Windows XP I get an error like "Class does
not support Automation or does not support expected interface". My
components are under component services and are created like "Set myObject =
CreateObject("xxx.xxx").

I have this problem since I installed Windows XP, and with Windows 2000 it
was never a problem.

Does anyone has the same strange behavior or now what could cause the error?

Thanks,

Davy VANDE CAPPELLE

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:31:53 GMT
 COM Debugging under Windows XP

Quote:
> If I debug COM components under Windows XP I get an error like "Class does
> not support Automation or does not support expected interface". My
> components are under component services and are created like "Set myObject =
> CreateObject("xxx.xxx").

If the class is set to RequiresTransaction, you'll need to compile it and
install a binary-compatible version into Component Services before you can debug
it.  As you said, this only happens under Windows XP.  I heard there might be a
fix for this in a service pack, but don't get your hopes up ;-)

-- Matthew Solnit

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:05:01 GMT

1. Debugging vb6 COM in XP

2. How to debug COM+object under XP and VB6sp5

3. VB COM+ Debugging error in Windows XP

4. Debugging COM in Windows 2000

5. DatePicker problem under Windows XP and Office XP

6. Ann: Live Chat on VenturCom Boot-NIC - Windows 2000/XP/XP Embedded Diskless Network Boot

7. Use look and feel of Windows XP in Windows NT with VB6

8. Windows Common Controls in Windows XP

9. Windows XP API in Windows 2000

10. Cannot get the MS Script Debugger to debug in XP

11. Problem debugging a DLL project in XP

12. VB6 debugging in WIN XP Professional