Error Using ADO Command object
Author Message
 Error Using ADO Command object

Hello

I made a Dll in which I have ADO connection and Command object.
This DLL  is used by another application.

When I test this DLL from my group project it is running fine. But when the
other application calls this DLL, it is throughing error on instantiating
the command object

ie:  Set cmdObj =New ADODB.Command

Is that something to deal with COInitialize ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Tue, 04 May 2004 00:23:57 GMT
 Error Using ADO Command object
What is the error?  Is this on another computer or your development
computer?  What version of ADO are you using?  What do you have cmdObj
dimmed as?

Kevin Williamson - Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support
reserved.

--------------------

| Subject: Error Using ADO Command object
| Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:23:57 -0600

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vb.com
|
| Hello
|
| I made a Dll in which I have ADO connection and Command object.
| This DLL  is used by another application.
|
| When I test this DLL from my group project it is running fine. But when
the
| other application calls this DLL, it is throughing error on instantiating
| the command object
|
| ie:  Set cmdObj =New ADODB.Command
|
| Is that something to deal with COInitialize ?
|
| Any help is appreciated.
|

| Thanks

Wed, 05 May 2004 00:45:08 GMT
 Error Using ADO Command object
Hi

Thanks For your reply.
Actualy I solved the problem.
My Dll Was accesed by a Delphi Application in another machine.
But that machines ADO version was 2.0 and I compiled my app on ADO 2.6.
So when I upgrade the version the problem solved.

Earlier I thought the reason is something to do with CoInitialize but fortunately it was not.

Thanks again
Siva

Wed, 05 May 2004 01:43:57 GMT

1. Error using the Command-object of ADO

2. Using the ADO Command Object to send an Execute command

3. ADO Command Object using Multiple Connection Objects

4. ADO: Using Command Object

5. Ado Command Object reports error

6. Problem using the ADO Command object

7. Using ADO Command object and Access PROCEDURE to insert Memo/Binary fields

8. ADO, Oracle, MTS, using command object to open Recordset

9. ADO Command Object Error 3711 Invalid Operation

10. Error using Command Object

11. ADO Command object and MSShape commands

12. Sending command to a FoxPro database using ADODB.Command Object