xmlhttp: retrieve POSTed data within ASP
Author Message
 xmlhttp: retrieve POSTed data within ASP

hi, all.
i'm trying to grap the content of the request object within an asp page (i
know how o do in VB)
the content has been set by the xmlhttp object in such a way :

Set l_xmlhttp = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
    l_URL = l_URL & "gettradelist.asp"
    l_xmlhttp.Open "POST", l_URL, False
    l_xmlhttp.send "mypostedcontent"

in vb i use
Dim ff As String
Dim rr As Variant
rr = iASPRq.BinaryRead(l_count)
ff = StrConv(rr, vbUnicode)

HOW can i do it directly in ASP ?

Second question:
how can i post data with xmlhttp in a form i can retrieve with
request.form() ?

thank in advance
--
Enrico Sabbadin

http://www.*-*-*.com/
MTS FAQ: http://www.*-*-*.com/
||||| Did you select Binary Compatibility ? |||||

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 xmlhttp: retrieve POSTed data within ASP
In the asp page...

<%
  xmlparser.load(request)
  If xmlparser.parserError.errorCode = 0 Then
    ... do some processing...

  End If
%>
--
RAM

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 xmlhttp: retrieve POSTed data within ASP
thank, but what if the data are not XML, or , in any case i want to avoid to
istantiate an XML object ?

1) at present i'm using a little com object utility that uses strconv (not
available in VBScript)

2) i've seen that setting the correct header in the xmlhttp
(www-application-form or something like that)
i can post something like "myvar=hello world"
and i can access it via request.form("myvar")

--
Enrico Sabbadin

http://sabbadin.tripod.com
MTS FAQ: http://sabbadin.tripod.com/mts_faq.htm
||||| Did you select Binary Compatibility ? |||||

Quote:
> In the asp page...

> <%
>   xmlparser.load(request)
>   If xmlparser.parserError.errorCode = 0 Then
>     ... do some processing...

>   End If
> %>
> --
> RAM

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. From within ASP page - do a POST to another ASP

2. Posting values retrieved through VBscript to an .asp page

3. Newbe: How do I post and retrieve data to cgi-script from vb

4. need help from expert on xmlhttp post

5. how to xmlhttp to post a file

6. Simulating POST method for forms using XMLHTTP

7. Can XMLHTTP be used to POST?

8. Problem with xmlhttp post

9. Passing data between forms with ASP using POST

10. How to post data from one asp.net page to another

11. Read client table data via ASP Request method after posting a form

12. post data in ASP / line breaks for email