Run-Time error '3716': The operation requested by the application is unsafe for the safety settings on this machine.
Author Message
 Run-Time error '3716': The operation requested by the application is unsafe for the safety settings on this machine.

Hello,

I'm in trouble with this error because I really cannot find any relevant
information.

My application is composed of 1 client and 1 server. The server is
instancied via Remote Data Services (MyServer =
DataSpace.CreateObject("...","...") because the client is an Internet
Application and the only way to instanciate the server on the internet is
through RDS.

All the functions and subs can be accessed by the client: all those
functions return an ADODB.Recordset. When I try to invoke the last function,
which receives in parameter a recordset, I get this message.

Does it mean something's going wrong on the client's computer or on the
server's computer?

Thank you for helping me,
Serge.

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Run-Time error '3716': The operation requested by the application is unsafe for the safety settings on this machine.
Serge,
Make sure to read the "3.1 Security Enhancements" section in the ADO ReadMe
at:
\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO\ADOreadme.txt

In particular, here is some text from section 3.2.3.   Note, most folks run
into 3.2.3 (a. ii) or (b. ii)

'*******************
3.2.3 Unsafe Operations on Safe Objects
The following are considered unsafe operations on the "safe" objects --
RDS.DataControl, RDS.DataSpace, ADO Recordset. These operations are
disallowed in a safe environment but allowed in an unsafe environment.

a. RDS.DataControl
i) All two-tier and DCOM scenarios on the RDS.DataControl object. This means
that you cannot open database connections on your local machine or from
servers to which you connect using the DCOM protocol.

ii) All three-tier operations over HTTP are restricted to the server from
which the page has been downloaded. This means that the Server property on
the RDS.DataControl object must be equal to the host name (http://server)
from which the page has been downloaded.

b. RDS.DataSpace
i) All two-tier and DCOM scenarios on the RDS.DataSpace object. This means
that you cannot use the RDS.DataSpace object to invoke business objects on
your local machine or over the DCOM protocol.

ii) All three-tier scenarios over HTTP are restricted to the server from
which the page has been downloaded. This means that the second parameter in
the CreateObject method call on the DataSpace object must point to the same
server from which the page has been downloaded.

c. ADO Recordset
i) Making any connection where provider is not MS Remote. So the connection
string must start with "Provider=MS Remote". The "Remote Server" tag in the
connection string must also be the same name as the server from which the
page has been downloaded. Local two-tier and DCOM connections are not
allowed.

ii) Local Persistence operations, like saving a recordset to the local
filesystem and opening a recordset from file on the local machine.
'*******************

-

Quote:
> Hello,

> I'm in trouble with this error because I really cannot find any relevant
> information.

> My application is composed of 1 client and 1 server. The server is
> instancied via Remote Data Services (MyServer =
> DataSpace.CreateObject("...","...") because the client is an Internet
> Application and the only way to instanciate the server on the internet is
> through RDS.

> All the functions and subs can be accessed by the client: all those
> functions return an ADODB.Recordset. When I try to invoke the last
function,
> which receives in parameter a recordset, I get this message.

> Does it mean something's going wrong on the client's computer or on the
> server's computer?

> Thank you for helping me,
> Serge.

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run-Time error '3716': The operation requested by the application is unsafe for the safety settings on this machine.

2. Run-Time error '3716': The operation requested by the application is unsafe for the safety settings on this machine.

3. Run-Time error '3716': The operation requested by the application is unsafe for the safety settings on this machine.

4. Run-time error '-2147221231 (80040111)': Automation error ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

5. Run-Time Error 2486 - Can't Carry Out Operation at Present Time

6. run-time error '713': Application-defined or object-defined error

7. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

8. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)

9. Run-time error '31037': Error load form file

10. Run-time error '50003' Unexpected Error

11. Run-Time Error '2950' - Reserved Error

12. rvbrewiz - Run-time error '-2147417851 (80010105)': Automation error