Download time
Author Message
 Download time

I have created some activex controls in vb6 that will run on the users
webbrowser (in explorer)
The users need to download the runtime files to make it work from
microsofts website,
so my question is.

Does anyone know how long time it usually takes to download the runtime
module from microsofts
site with a 56 kbs modem?

I can not do this test myself since i am fortune enough to have a 10 Mb
broadband
connection. Otherwise does anyone know how to calculate the download
time using the size
and speed as parameters? I think the size of the module is about 1.3 Mb
in size but im not sure.

Kent Andersson

Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:49:41 GMT
 Download time
About 6 minutes minimum..

Quote:
> I have created some activex controls in vb6 that will run on the users
> webbrowser (in explorer)
> The users need to download the runtime files to make it work from
> microsofts website,
> so my question is.

> Does anyone know how long time it usually takes to download the runtime
> module from microsofts
> site with a 56 kbs modem?

> I can not do this test myself since i am fortune enough to have a 10 Mb
> broadband
> connection. Otherwise does anyone know how to calculate the download
> time using the size
> and speed as parameters? I think the size of the module is about 1.3 Mb
> in size but im not sure.

> Kent Andersson

Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:57:52 GMT

1. How to Set Mail Download Time Programmatically?

2. Download time

3. Measuring Download Time using FTP

4. How to Set Mail Download Time Programmatically?

5. Reducing downloading time

6. How to Set Mail Download Time using MAPI Controls ?

7. WebClient - .DownloadFile : can't download a second time

8. Anyone have time to download a zip file?

9. Download new version every time.

10. Behaviors Downloading Multiple Times

11. inet problems, take a long time to finish downloading

12. MS Active X control downloads OK but home grown Active X Control will not download