Vb database connection problem
Author Message
 Vb database connection problem

Hi, i was trying to create a Data Project using Visual Basic 6.
My database is Microsoft Access 2000 and has been protected by a password.

In the DataEnvironment - Connection properties, I chosen Microsoft Jet 4.0
DB Provider
which is to link with Access database. I entered the username and password,
and then click
the Test Connection button, I received the follow error message:

Test connection failed because of an error in initialising provider. Cannot
start
your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened
exclusively by another user.

May i know how to solve this problem?

Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:46:22 GMT
 Vb database connection problem
Do you have the database open in Access at the time of the
connection?
If you do, close Access first, then try opening the
database.

John

Quote:

Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:38:42 GMT
 Vb database connection problem
I never open the Access database at all.

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:19:33 GMT

1. Newbie, secured database DAO connection problem

2. Connection problems to SQL server database

3. Database connection problem

4. Database Connection Problems

5. Problem with connection to database

6. Problem connection to database via .ini file

7. Database Connection Problems VB5.0

8. Problem with connection database

9. --> Help please, database connection problem <--

10. Help - database connection problem

11. Database Connection Problem

12. ActiveX Control Web Database Connection Problem