Problems creating remote COM+ object with win98 client
Author Message
 Problems creating remote COM+ object with win98 client

Hi all,

We here developed a COM+ server with VB 6 that is running in a Win2000
machine. When we use a win 2000 client it works fine, but when trying to
create an instance of our remote object using a Win98 computer it gives the
following error: "Runtime error 429: ActiveX can't create object"; The
client software was installed by a MSI package;
We know that this problem may have many causes, but we tried everything,
installing DCOM98, re-installing the application, manually registering the
components, etc..

Any help greatlly appreciated,

Tiago Victor Gehring

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:17:22 GMT
 Problems creating remote COM+ object with win98 client
Be sure , your win98's login user has authority in the win2000.
It is always this thing makes trouble.

Quote:
> Hi all,

> We here developed a COM+ server with VB 6 that is running in a Win2000
> machine. When we use a win 2000 client it works fine, but when trying to
> create an instance of our remote object using a Win98 computer it gives
the
> following error: "Runtime error 429: ActiveX can't create object"; The
> client software was installed by a MSI package;
> We know that this problem may have many causes, but we tried everything,
> installing DCOM98, re-installing the application, manually registering the
> components, etc..

> Any help greatlly appreciated,

> Tiago Victor Gehring

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:19:52 GMT
 Problems creating remote COM+ object with win98 client
Hi,

You may check if you have the same scenario as the following article:
FIX: COM+ Application Proxy Does Not Register CLSID After You Install COM+
Rollup Hotfix 5
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q289821

If yes, you can download and install the latest Win2000 service pack (sp3)
and re-export the application proxy to see if the problem is resolved.

Regards,
Elan Zhou
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:59:12 GMT

1. Automation error accessing a remote COM object in Win98

2. How to create a COM object at a remote PC ( both connected via LAN )

3. Creating COM+ objects with different client accounts

4. Creating COM+ objects with different client accounts

5. Where can i find Com+ Services type library or Component services com+ 1.0 for Win98

6. Client Server problem - ActiveX Can't create object

7. Create Object Client Scripting Problem

8. Win98 Client printing problem

9. can't create object on win98

10. Problem passing VB COM+ ASP Request object to .NET component System.Web.HTTPRequest through COM interop

11. Calling a Remote Com Object

12. deploying com+ app. proxy on win98