CommonDialog1 was not a loaded control class
Author Message
 CommonDialog1 was not a loaded control class

I recently installed VB6 professional and, when I try to open an
existing project, I get several error messages:
Error 1 - right after I double-click on the VBP file
"System Error &H80004002 (-2147467262).  No such interface supported
--Continue Loading Project?"

If I click Yes I get error 2:
"Error during load.  Refer to 'E:\customer\navistar\kofax-transact-new
app\Form1.log' for details"

In the FORM1.LOG file I have:
"Line 13: Class MSComDlg.CommonDialog of control CommonDialog1 was not
a loaded control class."

After the project loads, if I go to the Project Menu, and click
Components I get the same as error 1 above and the Components window
appears, but it is empty.  If I select another tab in the Components
window the same error occurs again.

I'm guessing that something isn't installed so I have uninstalled and
reinstalled, but the problem is "still the same" (as Bob Seegar would
say).

System is NT 4 Server
Dell Inspiron 7500 Pentium 650/256MB RAM

I also loaded Service Pack 4 for VB, still no change

I looked in the Microsoft Knowledge Base but nothing that applied.
Any help out there?

Thanks,

Al Spaulding

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:49:59 GMT
 CommonDialog1 was not a loaded control class
All,

I got an answer from Microsoft support via email.  Answer 1 in the
message below took care of my problem.

___________________________
Hi Al,

  This is Gary Gu from Microsoft Developer Support. I've examined your
request.
  Its my pleasure to work with you on this issue.

  Based on my research, there are several reasons resulting in this
error:

  1. The Microsoft Component Category Manager Library, COMCAT.DLL,
doesnt match
  with the OLE32.DLL( Microsoft OLE for Windows and Windows NT).

  Comcat.dll version 5.0 works with Ole32.dll version 4.71 and later.
Comcat.dll
  version 4.71 works with Ole32.dll version 4.0. To resolve the
problem, install
  the correct version of COMCAT.DLL by completing the following steps:

  -- Use REGSVR32.EXE to un-register COMCAT.DLL. The COMCAT.DLL is
located under
  the system directory, for example, C:\WINNT\System32\. To
un-register,
  select Run from the Windows Start menu, type the following command
line and
  click Ok:

  regsvr32 Driver:\WINNT\System32\COMCAT.DLL /U

  Note: The Driver: denotes the driver where the WinNT was located.

  -- Copy COMCAT.DLL, version 4.71, from the Driver:\Program
Files\Microsoft
  Visual Studio\VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Redist directory or from your
Visual
  Basic CD to the WinNT\System32 directory. Note: The Driver:
denotes the
  driver where the Visual Studio was installed.

  -- Use REGSVR32.EXE to register COMCAT.DLL. To register, click Run
on the
  Windows Start menu, type the following command line, and the click
OK:

  regsvr32 C:\WINNT\System32\COMCAT.DLL

  2. The following key in the registry table,

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{0002E005-0000-0000-C000-00000000004
  46}\InprocServer32], is pointing to the wrong component.

  The value of this key should be, for example
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\COMCAT.DLL.
  Please check it. Note: If you cant find this key, please execute
the attached
  registry file as I sent to you( COMCAT.REG).

  Please try it and let me know the results. Note: Please reboot the
machine to
  apply all the changes.

  If the problem still exists, would you mind telling me the versions
of the two
  files on your machine, OLE32.DLL and COMCAT.DLL ?
  -- Go to the system directory. Both of the two files are located
under the
  system directory, for example, Driver:\WINNT\System32\.
  -- Find the OLE32.DLL file, right-click it and select Properties; On
the
  Version tab, we can get the version information from the File
version
  field.
  -- Find the COMCAT.DLL file and do the same step above.

  << File: comcat.reg >>
  I am standing by for your results. Thanks for your cooperation.

  Best Regards,

  Gary Gu
___________________________

On Fri, 09 Feb 2001 21:49:59 -0500, Al Spaulding

Quote:

>I recently installed VB6 professional and, when I try to open an
>existing project, I get several error messages:
>Error 1 - right after I double-click on the VBP file
>"System Error &H80004002 (-2147467262).  No such interface supported
>--Continue Loading Project?"

>If I click Yes I get error 2:
>"Error during load.  Refer to 'E:\customer\navistar\kofax-transact-new
>app\Form1.log' for details"

>In the FORM1.LOG file I have:
>"Line 13: Class MSComDlg.CommonDialog of control CommonDialog1 was not
>a loaded control class."

>After the project loads, if I go to the Project Menu, and click
>Components I get the same as error 1 above and the Components window
>appears, but it is empty.  If I select another tab in the Components
>window the same error occurs again.

>I'm guessing that something isn't installed so I have uninstalled and
>reinstalled, but the problem is "still the same" (as Bob Seegar would
>say).

>System is NT 4 Server
>Dell Inspiron 7500 Pentium 650/256MB RAM

>I also loaded Service Pack 4 for VB, still no change

>I looked in the Microsoft Knowledge Base but nothing that applied.
>Any help out there?

>Thanks,

>Al Spaulding

Sat, 02 Aug 2003 12:42:23 GMT

1. CommonDialog1 was not a loaded control class

2. CommonDialog1 was not a loaded control class

3. Class of control was not a loaded control class - Reference Replaced with unknown .OCA file

4. Class Not a Loaded Control Class

5. Error - Not a loaded control class

6. ?? Not a loaded control class

7. Error - not a loaded control class ???

8. Error - Not a loaded control class

9. Help: not a loaded control class

10. was not a loaded control class

11. not a loaded control class.

12. Not a loaded class error when loading form