Help file not accessed when pressing F1
Author Message
 Help file not accessed when pressing F1

I am wondering if there is a solution to the following problem.

I have an MDI form with a toolbar. On the toolbar I have an icon.
Clicking on this icon calls a function which is designed to load a help
file. This works fine.

My problem is this. When the MDI form has focus and I press F1 to access
the same help file nothing happens. However, if I activate another form
within my application and press F1 the help file loads. Why does this
happen? Does windows prevent the loading of a help file from the MDI
parent form? Is there a solution?

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 05:12:46 GMT

1. When pressing F1 the error: The MSDN collection does not exist, Please install MSDN

2. Disabling the Help window popping up after pressing F1

3. Showing custom Help by pressing the F1 key

4. Press F1, menu on top of helpfile on W2K

5. Press F1 key while drop-down menu item highlighted, drop-down menu stays on top

6. Easy - Displaying help NOT via F1 key - How?

7. Visual Studio Context Sensitive Help (F1) not linking to MSDN

8. F1 Help does not work from Menu control

9. F1 not show OnLine Help

10. F1 does not bring up context-sensitive help

11. F1 Help not called from modal dialogs

12. F1 Help not being activated.