NT "home" folder
Author Message
 NT "home" folder

Hello
I'm writing an application that needs the "home" path of the current user of
NT..
Any ways to know that ?

Thanx
--
Laurent Leroy

Pictime PROVIDER
[Des communications plus Net]
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 NT "home" folder

Laurent:

You can do the following:
1. invoke Win32 API GetUserName to get the user name of the current thread.
2. Using the returned user name, invoke Win32 API NetUserGetInfo - here you
can pass it a USER_INFO_1 structure and specify that you need level 1 detail
about the user.
This structure has a field called usri1_home_dir which points to the path of
that user's home directory. Note that this string may be empty.

Marc

Quote:
> Hello
> I'm writing an application that needs the "home" path of the current user
of
> NT..
> Any ways to know that ?

> Thanx
> --
> Laurent Leroy

> Pictime PROVIDER
> [Des communications plus Net]
> http://www.pictime.fr

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. OWA and the "HOME PAGE" link

2. "Home" button

3. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

4. "Browse for Folder" Dialog Box

5. using "non-default" folder

6. interating through the "Sent Items" Folder

7. Adding MailItems to "Sent Items" folder

8. "special folders"

9. "Fuzzy" searching of public folders

10. find "public folder"

11. Access to "Special Folders" using VBScript

12. automating "Move to Folder..." using VBscript