problem reading a regsitry entry
Author Message
 problem reading a regsitry entry

Hi.

I am attempting to read a registry value from a vb com object that I've
created.  the value is returned fine when i call the function from a vb
project....however, when i try to call it from an object that i've created
on an ASP page I get back a blank value?

Any ideas?
Jeff

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:25:53 GMT
 problem reading a regsitry entry
I think it's considered "Unsafe operation" by MS. And you can't read remote
registry.

Quote:
> Hi.

> I am attempting to read a registry value from a vb com object that I've
> created.  the value is returned fine when i call the function from a vb
> project....however, when i try to call it from an object that i've created
> on an ASP page I get back a blank value?

> Any ideas?
> Jeff

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:33:05 GMT
 problem reading a regsitry entry
Actually.....im not trying to read a "remote" registry....only the registry
of the webserver that the asp file is located on.

Quote:
> I think it's considered "Unsafe operation" by MS. And you can't read
remote
> registry.

> > Hi.

> > I am attempting to read a registry value from a vb com object that I've
> > created.  the value is returned fine when i call the function from a vb
> > project....however, when i try to call it from an object that i've
created
> > on an ASP page I get back a blank value?

> > Any ideas?
> > Jeff

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:03:47 GMT
 problem reading a regsitry entry
Ok...
Anyway, how do you read registry?

Quote:
> Actually.....im not trying to read a "remote" registry....only the
registry
> of the webserver that the asp file is located on.

> > I think it's considered "Unsafe operation" by MS. And you can't read
> remote
> > registry.

> > > Hi.

> > > I am attempting to read a registry value from a vb com object that
I've
> > > created.  the value is returned fine when i call the function from a
vb
> > > project....however, when i try to call it from an object that i've
> created
> > > on an ASP page I get back a blank value?

> > > Any ideas?
> > > Jeff

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:17:42 GMT
 problem reading a regsitry entry
http://www.vbworld.com/registry/registry2/index2.html

Quote:
> Ok...
> Anyway, how do you read registry?

> > Actually.....im not trying to read a "remote" registry....only the
> registry
> > of the webserver that the asp file is located on.

> > > I think it's considered "Unsafe operation" by MS. And you can't read
> > remote
> > > registry.

> I've
> vb
> > created

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:53:25 GMT

1. How to Read/Write to Regsitry in eVB?

2. Problems reading database entries and displaying on cr-report

3. *REGSITRY* How to?

4. accessing regsitry on a remote machine?

5. Delete regsitry settings.

6. Regsitry Data Extraction

7. INI Files, SaveSettings or Write to Regsitry?

8. REGSITRY on WinNT, VB 5, API

9. Reading AdreessBook Entries

10. Can Registry entry be made Read only?

11. Read Shell Entry for Acrobat Reader in HK_CLASSES_ROOT

12. Reading registry entries from a Excel macro