Using a static library in VB??
Author Message
 Using a static library in VB??

Is it possible to use a static C-library in a VB -project. If so, you can i
link the lib to the VB project and how must i declare may functions.

Many thanks in advance,
maurice.

Fri, 14 May 2004 17:49:54 GMT
 Using a static library in VB??
There is NO WAY to directly link the c-libary to VB, I am afraid.

But you can build a dll in VC++ which includes a ODL file(which will be
compiled to a TLB file). Then reference the tlb file in VB.

There is an example in www.planetsource.com, you can search the recent code
to get the source.

Quote:
> Is it possible to use a static C-library in a VB -project. If so, you can
> link the lib to the VB project and how must i declare may functions.

> Many thanks in advance,
> maurice.

Fri, 14 May 2004 23:29:48 GMT
 Using a static library in VB??
This...

http://www.planet-source-code.com/xq/ASP/txtCodeId.24616/lngWId.-10/q...
ripts/ShowCode.htm

...has an add-in that lets you do it. Unfortunately, the page states that
the explanatory article is included in the zip file, but it's not.

Quote:
> Is it possible to use a static C-library in a VB -project. If so, you can
> link the lib to the VB project and how must i declare may functions.

Sat, 15 May 2004 00:54:51 GMT
 Using a static library in VB??
Here's the article:

http://www.devx.com/upload/free/features/vbpj/1999/11nov99/jc1199/jc1...

and here's the package's official home page:

    http://johnc.ne.mediaone.net/CCUpdates.html

Quote:
> This...

http://www.planet-source-code.com/xq/ASP/txtCodeId.24616/lngWId.-10/q...
Quote:
> ripts/ShowCode.htm

> ...has an add-in that lets you do it. Unfortunately, the page states that
> the explanatory article is included in the zip file, but it's not.

> > Is it possible to use a static C-library in a VB -project. If so, you
can
> > link the lib to the VB project and how must i declare may functions.

Sat, 15 May 2004 01:00:56 GMT

1. Using static libraries with VB

2. link to static library using vb (*.lib file)

3. Using a C/C++ static library from VB

4. Call functions in static library

5. Link with static C/C++ libraries?

6. About Static Library Link in VB4.0

7. VB4.0 & VC++1.5 Static Library

8. How To Call Static Library from VB4?

9. Calling functions in C++ static library

10. Accessing static (Shared) functions using this(Me).....in VB.NET

11. Using the MODELENGLib library (Microsoft Visio Database Modeling Engine Type Library)

12. Static variable not static enough ???