URGENT: ActiveX Documents Deployment
Author Message
 URGENT: ActiveX Documents Deployment

Hi all !!!

I have a question about using ActiveX Documents created with VB6 Enterprise
in a local intranet.

These are the steps I follow to create the ActiveX Document:
-  Create a new ActiveX Doc EXE project
-  Add User Documents, Forms, Modules, ...
-  Complie the project to create the .EXE File (in addition a .VBD file is
created)
-  Create an Internet Package using Package and Deployment Wizard (excluding
all MDAC components and specifying all downloads as local)

The problem is:
As I call the .VBD document on my computer, everything works fine and I'm
able to work with my application through IE5.5; but if I call the .VBD file
from a machine where the .EXE has not been previously installed, I get the
following Dialogs:
- First, I get the 'Execute from current location/Save to disk' dialog
- Then the 'Unknown file type .VBD' dialog appears
and the application will not run !!!!

Am I doing something wrong ? Am I forgetting some important step ? Or do I
need some other software distribution system installed on my server ?

Thanks a lot for helping me.
MM

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 20:27:50 GMT
 URGENT: ActiveX Documents Deployment
I am not sure, but there are a couple of things you should look at:
1) did you include the VB runtime in your .cab?
You might not have internet connection from those machines so they can't
reach MS site to download it.
2) did you sign all 3rd party and MS .ocx files in your project?  Here is an
article on this problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q159/9/23.ASP

Let me know if this worked for you.

Steve

Quote:
> Hi all !!!

> I have a question about using ActiveX Documents created with VB6
Enterprise
> in a local intranet.

> These are the steps I follow to create the ActiveX Document:
> -  Create a new ActiveX Doc EXE project
> -  Add User Documents, Forms, Modules, ...
> -  Complie the project to create the .EXE File (in addition a .VBD file is
> created)
> -  Create an Internet Package using Package and Deployment Wizard
(excluding
> all MDAC components and specifying all downloads as local)

> The problem is:
> As I call the .VBD document on my computer, everything works fine and I'm
> able to work with my application through IE5.5; but if I call the .VBD
file
> from a machine where the .EXE has not been previously installed, I get the
> following Dialogs:
> - First, I get the 'Execute from current location/Save to disk' dialog
> - Then the 'Unknown file type .VBD' dialog appears
> and the application will not run !!!!

> Am I doing something wrong ? Am I forgetting some important step ? Or do I
> need some other software distribution system installed on my server ?

> Thanks a lot for helping me.
> MM

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 03:41:58 GMT

1. URGENT: ActiveX Documents Deployment

2. URGENT: ActiveX Documents Deployment

3. ActiveX Document Deployment

4. ActiveX Document - Deployment !!

5. ActiveX Document Deployment

6. ActiveX documents and VS6 Packaging and Deployment Wizard

7. Deployment of ActiveX document

8. ActiveX Document's Deployment

9. ActiveX Document deployment

10. Urgent: ActiveX Document on IE5

11. sizing an Activex Document to the document size in IE

12. Display a VBD file from an ActiveX Document Server DLL in a HTML Document