code analyzer recommendation
Author Message
 code analyzer recommendation

Another choice may be VBCompressPro from WhippleWare.  Many people have told
me they don't like it but it has worked good for me.

Be careful when removing code that any analyzer says is not used.  It may
not catch COM functions that are called from other applications.

Mike

Quote:
> Can someone recommend a code analyzer to find dead code, forms, etc.
> I have an older project that has about 200 forms, and I don't really think
> all are used. I would like to remove the dead forms. I am hoping that
there
> is some type of code analyzer out there to simplify the process (i.e, that
> will do most of the grunt work for me).

> Thanks
> Dan

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 code analyzer recommendation

Quote:
> Can someone recommend a code analyzer to find dead code, forms, etc.

Check Project Analyzer
http://www.aivosto.com/project/project.html

Besides finding dead code it will also help you understand the code
(with graphical call trees, hypertext view etc).

--
Tuomas Salste                         http://www.helsinki.fi/~salste/
Tools and tips for VB programmers     http://www.aivosto.com/vb.html

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Code Analyzer

2. Code analyzer recommends

3. VB code analyzers?

4. Looking for Good Code Analyzer for VB3

5. VB code analyzer

6. VB code analyzers?

7. Different return values when using Query Analyzer and VB code

8. VB code analyzers?

9. VB code analyzers?

10. vb.NET code profiling recommendations?

11. Q: recommendations for VB source code printing utilities

12. Code Signing Recommendations